• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: October Cinebench 11.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice work ED, that chip Looks like it has potencial

I don't want to sound like a pessimist ( I think I often do ) but my 5820K is overclocking about the same and it hits a wall at ~4.95GHz on SS 1.6V+ even though temps are pretty good. MSI board was sometimes shutting down at 1.6V+. It's just weird that max on water is ~4.7GHz and max on ss is ~4.9GHz. There are just too big voltage steps between each CPU ratio.
I've seen some 5820K that on ss/dice can make 300-400MHz more on similar voltage. Also for some reason on MSI my CPU was easier to stabilize than on ASUS and needed slightly lower voltage.

Yeah... Im in a pickle... rock solid at 4.69GHz (well rock solid enough to run Cinebench, lol!), but then 4.736Ghz, nothing up to 1.5v even with HT disabled (to test if it was voltage). Good news is, I was able to get some bclk out of the Fatal1ty and pushed the sticks to 1572MHz at 14-14-15-35 1.5v.

My temps on these runs were around 75C peak at the end of the night of testing (with a 295x2 in the loop with ULPS disabled). So temps were fine.

It should get an LN2 bath in the next couple of weeks though. The SS I have can only hang on to dual cores at a reasonable temp.

Last edited:
I think you meant 4.736 didn't you?

Mandrake4565/Fx 8350/H20/9.78

and one to push blaylock

Mandrake4565/Athlon II 240e/2.32
cine11.5,8350,9.78.jpg
cine11.5,240,2.32.PNG

Last edited:
caddi daddi|intel 4790K| water|10.69

I think this gives me the haswell lead.

Attachments

• cinebench.JPG
    cinebench.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 47
caddi daddi|amd|sempy3200|heavy steel body dolly|0.34

yup, it's smokin!!!

Attachments

• cb xp.JPG
    cb xp.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 47
Limited by being on air and my wife has the heater on right now
well if she has the heat on that must mean its cool/cold outside right? Do you see where I'm going with this? :)

yup, a dolly for forming metal, it was a very bad idea.
I have an ms-7184 ver 1.0 board tucked in a drawer and someplace i think i have a thermaltake bigwater plus.
it looks like the sempy will plug into the board and the block from the Tt might fit on it so if the cpu survived ( it's not even trying to post now) so I might be back in the game yet!!!!

MANNY!!!!! if your going cold, you are required to smear your boot heals in bacon fat!!!!!!

Back