• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QX6700 and MAXIMUS E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuickFast

Can't set cpu to manual when I select manual the cpu power up and memory power up don't disappear so anything but presets will fail presets qx6800,qX6850 or Crazy work fine I might be missing something but every other cpu work fine so far I am at a lost right now will try it in the REX but guess it will be the same anyone run into this before ?

Hiya QF!
Not familiar with that board. Can you add bios pics (and maybe a link for the manual) for us to take a gander? If it's not a pita, drop it in the rex and see if it's different.

:) funsoul how easy one forgets this is the board i bought from you. Its weird it won't let me manually overclock this one cpu Its like Its afraid I will hurt it :D will test in REX to see want happens

Yep...lesson for the kiddies...this is what ~40 years of partying and concerts does to people ;P

Yeah...I tested and sold it to you but never actually used it other than to make sure it worked.

just tested the QX6700 on the REX and it overclocks in manual mode but it tops out at 3800 the sad part is my arsock with the via pt880 tops out at 4600+ WTF ? this is on air,Hoping its heat related I,am dying to bench this chip I believe its a 5 gig chip what i saw on the pt880 chipset 4.700+ on DICE before I killed my 3850

EDIT- highest multiplier on the REX was 11 (X48) max on air on the pt880 was 15-17 on dice

Last edited:
That is so weird. With the rex...did you try dropping the multi as low as possible then testing for max fsb?

Which Maximus are you running? I had a Maximus Formula SE X38 & and flashed it to Rampage Formula X48 BIOS. Made a big difference in overclocking. Also, memory settings were limiting me to start with, not the CPU (E8600).

sad rex max out at 4500 only thing I could thing is i have to use a spacer on the maximus and the rex to clear the caps maybe time to finish my new pot this qx6700 runs hot as hell hottest cpu so far

@JLK03F150 this board is not a Formula its a maximus exterme ddr3 board

Back