• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lga 1366 motherboards worth my time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

I just got a bunch of computer stuff done if it's pretty current. 2 of the systems have evga 1366 motherboards in them. Ones a classified motherboard the others a x58 sli 3.

They were used for folding they have decent cards on them like a pair of gtx 560ti's and a gtx 660ti, ram is triple channel hyper x and ocz reaper hpc's.

I just don't know if I should try to use em or try to find homes for them. There isn't Jack for 1366 and I've been out of the Intel game for so long I don't know what's good any more. Last Intel I had was a coppermine system with a GeForce 2 gts

What would you be using them for? What processors are in them?

No idea on processors, was thinking steam os but I donno. I was thinking of harvesting some of the good components out to make a mini itx system for the wife and it doesn't need to be super powerful but I don't think I can find an itx board.
I'm thinking they are i7s but it's possible they might be xenons

I built a system for my dad using that classified board a long time ago, he's still rocking that bad boy. If they've got i7 920 or better processors, they're still viable systems.

that's odd its got the same processor, i7 920.
but for some reason its only a 32 bit version of windows 7, only 1.99 gigs out of the 6 are usable and the 2 hard drives in it are a 150 gig velociraptor and an 80 regular raptor

it was a mining rig, I made sure that my uncle had transferred all his coin some where and it says 10 litecoin were transferred in march 2014 so that may have been when the system with the classified board was last turned on.

wouldn't a mining rig better benefit from a 64 bit os?

edit:
forget the ram question, that was dumb of me...32 bit

Last edited:
Back