• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P9X79 LE audio problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

since I built this system ive always had trouble with the audio. from searching, it seems to be a common issues with the mobo. basicly I cant seem to get it to output audio. when I first built the system it took me about 2 days to finally get it to work 'good enough' to where I didn't touch it. few weeks later I tried again and took about a day to finally get it back to how I had it. well today I installed a second R9 270X video card and since now the audio hasn't worked. been at it for hours now and cant figure out how to fix it. im starting to think its an issue with using an HDMI cable to my monitor but I had it working for awhile and would like to get it useable. might just be a problem with the audio drivers.

in the Sound properties window, it was showing something like 7 HDMI connections and 1 plugged in going to the monitor. it will play audio from the monitor but its horrible sounding. also it would take like 4 minutes for the Sound window to even open because of them. to eliminate them, I uninstalled HDMI Audio from the Catalyst Control Center. even that didn't do anything so I went into device manager and manually disabled 2 of the AMD High Definition Audio Devices. now the only sound device active is Realtek High Definition Audio. now when the Sound properties window opens almost instant like it should an no longer shows all the HDMI connections. it does show Speakers (as default), Realtek Digital Output, and the digital optical port. but none of them actually put out sound. I have speakers, and surround system hooked up an all detected.

im thinking about getting a DVI cable to replace the HDMI cable for the monitor tomarrow but would like to get this figured out. any help appreciated

its got latest Realtek drivers avalible for this mobo. newest bios. dried different audio jacks. everything shows connected and working but it isn't. also my mic on my headset doesn't work either

Last edited:
decided to give up on its integrated sound. bought a budget soundcard which I hope should do great for my uses. also bought DVI cables incase HDMI is the cause

EDIT: got my sound card installed. everything is working properly now

Last edited:
Back