• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech K400- pointer unresponsive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Logitech K400 has spongey left click...

Just got this thing. The left click is barely even tactile. It just goes down. Doesn't even make a click sound. Meanwhile the right side requires more force and does make a click.
The left click works (havent tested mind you) because I can feel the switch actuating but is it supposed to be that spongey? Anybody else have one of these?

Thanks.

I have two of these keyboards, both left and right track pad buttons work great and have a solid click to them as you would expect. Sounds like you my have gotten a faulty one, I'd take it back and exchange it if you can.

The mouse pointer becomes unresponsive, goes crazy, or stops responding entirely FREQUENTLY on my K400 keybo. This started happening yesterday. It even does it in UEFI, not just in WIndows. Turning the keyboard off, then back on, or disconnecting and reconnecting the receiver is a temporary fiix. Have tried all front USB ports and nothing seems to work. SOmetimes the keybo is unresponsive too and things take ages to show up on screen. Im calling their tech support tomorrow. ANy ideas?

coupled with your wifi issues, I'd say you have something going on interfering with your signals.

Any chance you're near a satellite, radio tower, anything like that?

coupled with your wifi issues, I'd say you have something going on interfering with your signals.

Any chance you're near a satellite, radio tower, anything like that?

I have cell phone antennas 5 floors above me and about 9000 wifi networks in the building. I NEED wireless keybo/mouse for this PC though that was the whole point.

Update: had a long chat with logitech tech support. They said that due to the high number of 2.4Ghz devices in my building, the interference may be too much for the K400 and I may be S.O.L.
Any suggestions for keybo/mouse inputs for an HTPC that maybe use 27Mhz? I have a lap desk and would be willing to switch. Help plz!!!

what about bluetooth, not sure what band that runs on but it may be a solution.

I love my K400 kb/mouse, but I've found that I have to have it have almost direct LOS to the USB adapter otherwise it will lose signal.

Go Bluetooth. It's a paired signal instead of a broadcast signal and will work well where high levels of WiFi and other interference exist.

Would I have to buy a seperate bluetooth receiver to be able to use something like that? It sounds like I would. What do I get? PCIE? USB?

Assuming your system doesn't have bluetooth you will need to buy one. I imagine USB would be fine for the receiver.

Please stop creating extra work for us and use your existing threads rather than creating another one to ask another question on the same hardware. Threads merged.

What other thread are you talking about Hokie?
I'm getting picked on here. I'm making threads that make sense and cover seperate topics to get answers as fast as possible.

'Pointer unresponsive' and 'spongy clicking' on the same device sounds like one thread to me friend (See post 1 and 4 in this combined thread to see what was merged).

You are not being picked on. You are, suddenly, creating a boat load of threads (if this was your M.O before more patience would perhaps be warranted), several of which could have been handled within the scope of one single thread about the device/similar problems you are having. Though we thank you for single handedly trying to boost forum numbers, it gets a bit tiresome responding to your PEERS (its not just me noticing these things) reporting your threads to be combined as they are remarkably similar in nature or at least common denominator.

If you wanted things as fast as possible, the great and powerful google is right there with answers to most of your questions spanning the well over 50+ threads you created out of the blue (but after your 'dead forum thread') over the past couple of weeks. Instant gratification comes from google. A forum is a back and forth and at times, takes time to get responses. So firing off another thread on the same item really won't speed anything up anyway.

Last edited:
I have never used the device, sorry. My suggestion however would be to check out some reviews on it to see what they say about it... that is, while you wait for someone that has one to give you the answer that you are seeking.

EDIT: That said, not sure others experiences are going to help you much as your environment is pretty cluttered with interference.

On the wireless side of things, did you switch channels your wireless was on to a less populated band?

Last edited:
Back