• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech K400- pointer unresponsive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have never used the device, sorry. My suggestion however would be to check out some reviews on it to see what they say about it... that is, while you wait for someone that has one to give you the answer that you are seeking.

EDIT: That said, not sure other's experiences are going to help you much as your environment is pretty cluttered with interference.

On the wireless side of things, did you switch channels your wireless was on to a less populated band?

Yes I did

Dude. Google. If I hadn't personally banned "let me google that for you" because it's such a jerk move, I would use it right now.

Google: Rapoo E6700 range. Right there, without even clicking "Enjoy long-range Bluetooth control from up to 10 meters (33 feet) away." I mean, it's from a product page, so not from actual people use and it absolutely would be a best case scenario, but I doubt there will be too many folks here with a Rapoo keyboard.

As far as working for BIOS, that one is murky. There seem to be reports of problems with BT keyboards in general when googling that particular question. Worst case, if it doesn't work you can just plug in a wired keyboard on the hopefully rare occasion you need to get into BIOS.

Regarding interference, both WiFi and Bluetooth occupy the same frequency band, so there is a distinct possibility of interference. However, because of Bluetooth's frequency-hopping nature, the chance of direct interference is at least reduced if not eliminated totally. If you're interested in the matter, HP has a layperson-friendly paper on it here.

EDIT - I'm sorry, I'm trying very hard not to be rude. Very. This is me being nice, responding as helpfully as I can. Sometimes you really just have to at least try to help yourself. In this instance, you could have answered all of your own questions very easily, hence the frustration. I'm sorry if you are offended by my post.

Last edited:
Not offended Hokie. You make good points. I guess I trust other user's experiences over Google. That's the way I am. with Google, I don't know who I'm getting the info from, but since I know everyone here and everybody's relative knowledge levels I'd feel safer getting the answer on OCF... Hope that makes sense. IT's just the way I operate.

My reasonably smart friend says BLuetooth will have just as many problems. Are you guys sure about this? My pointer issues dont seem to happen at like 4am which tells me Im getting interference from neighbors during the day for sure cuzz its four am now and my keyboard is working fine.

I think we have all said that we don't know because of your environment and all that interference. Unless someone has that keyboard and has a lot of interference too (which still isn't you exact situation) we won't know how it will perform in yours. You will have to try it.

I suggested Bluetooth because I've had it work perfectly fine when 2.4GHz got interference. It's not "sure fire", but it actually pairs the devices together creating a more reliable connection.

Thanks guys I'm still going to give the BT keybo a shot as soon as I can get a ride out to the store. Been snowy and cruddy here. Maybe go on Monday or Tuesday.

I suggested Bluetooth because I've had it work perfectly fine when 2.4GHz got interference. It's not "sure fire", but it actually pairs the devices together creating a more reliable connection.

I did some research on this myself. Blue tooth operates in the 2.4ghz range, same as most wireless, but its able to repair and interpret interference better than a typical wifi connection. So the interference is syill there, its just made imperceptible by the frequency of repairing the connection. Pretty cool stuff.

Back