• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ch v bios am i up to date

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevvy

hi, i have the 1703 version bios on my board. is there a newer version?? also i read that my ram causes problems for amd m/bs, i have,nt had problems with mine. just wondering, im running my 8350 at 4.4mhz and all is good. just want to keep bios upto date .thanks chaps :)

hi, i have the 1703 version bios on my board. is there a newer version?? also i read that my ram causes problems for amd m/bs, i have,nt had problems with mine. just wondering, im running my 8350 at 4.4mhz and all is good. just want to keep bios upto date .thanks chaps :)
1703 is the latest BIOS, though even if it weren't leave it be. You rig is working fine correct? You know the saying if it aint broke......

just a quick question, i was looking at the BitFenix Spectre Pro fans, and i see you have them, are they quiet, thanks. hope you dont mind me asking

just a quick question, i was looking at the BitFenix Spectre Pro fans, and i see you have them, are they quiet, thanks. hope you dont mind me asking
LOL why would I mind you asking, is it a secret? LOL These are the fans I have just to make sure we are on the same page. To define them as quiet is tough and I'll explain why. I use a fan controller and have them running at 50% for most of the time when I'm running the rig. When they are at 50% they are nearly in audible. If I am benching I turn them up to 100% and then yes they can be heard, I wouldn't define them as loud but you definitely hear them, it's the quality of the sound that I really like. Scythe Gentle Typhoons Ap15, which I also own, are arguably the best fans for water cooling radiators. Their sound quality is second to none when turned up, yes they can be heard but it's more of a whoosh sound. The Bitfenix, that I have, have a sound quality I would put up with the Scythe GT Ap15's. Sorry it's not a yes or no answer but I do think one can say yes or no to answer it. Here is a case fan review if you want to read it.

thanks, i run m fans on 50% if im just surfing the net, turn them up for gaming, also have another 1 on my cooler which gets turned up when gaming. i dont mind the noise when gaming but want silence when on normal use. then i dont get tuned into the fan noise. :)

Well I can tell you at 50% even now while responding, I can barley hear my case at all. It sits under my desk directly to the right of my feet with the fans approximately 3 feet from my ears.

I agree 100% "manny" that is the type of sound that really gets on my nerves. 5 year old ATI video cards on the regular spec...crap they were objectionable. However after that was the 5 series and most of them were much different in sound and not so much a pain to my ears.
RGone...ster.

well mine sit in the same place, to the right and by my knee, and at 50% i can slightly hear them, but at 100% they do make a bit of noise, but one im into my game i dont hear them, i dont use sound or head set, i have subs on :)

I wouldn't look for the newest bios for CHV but for the most stable/problem-free. When I had CHV I was testing many bioses and really newest were never good. Now probably it changed as asus is not adding significant changes, only microcode etc what doesn't affect most features.
Simply if it works good for you, don't break it.

Back