• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 6300 on ASROCK 960GC-GS FX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey bro's , here i am again , im having problem cant find out how i can post a new thread? I got few questions to ask , but not in this thread , if someone could explain it :) thanks!

Well not so newbie really...heck I have to stop and think since I answer in threads way lot more than I start a thread. So i forget myself for a few seconds if I want to start a new one myself.

Luck man.
RGone...

while u are here ill ask ya , i got this one http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/motherboards/53324/gigabyte-970a-ds3p-review , ik its not the best but i think not the worse too , searched google and i found out it has nice chipset , 3.0 usb and maybe one day ill have sli or crossfire so , i think was worth?
Rev. 1 or Rev. 2? Revision 2 boards have only 1 released bios and it is flawed on the unlocked processors. I personally would not buy one unless I wasn't overclocking at all.

And btw guys , im quite scared tho , i bought it , now im waitin for cpu and ram to come . I have put my psu in , gpu , and hdd , and this mobo all together in case , i was so curious , and i have tried to turn on just to see fans spinning and all is k , but when i push pwr button , fans are like speeding up for 0.5 seconds and stop , if i push pwr button again nthng happens , when i cut off power cable and plug it in again and try fans again try and stop . So is it cuz theres no cpu and ram ? Im so damn scared i fcked up smth

I honestly never have been in that big a hurry, but the actions you see might be about right for some motherboards that do not have cpu and ram installed. Trying to start without all the parts might show different actions depending on the brand and model of motherboard. No way to know exactly how that board might act. Not for sure.
RGone...

y i know iam an idiot but, i"ve ttried plugging my mobile into usb , and it recognized it, and mob was charging like normally tho so , can i get it as a good sing? and all tho i cant sleep relaxed u know
...da feel...

mate i really need help now , i got me a brand new fx8300 and 4gb of ram at 1600 mhz.I have tried to turn the pc on and same happens.Everything starts to spin.except cpu fan and stops in half a second.when i plug in cpu fan to other port on motherboard then he starts to spin too but again , nothing. All stops in half a second. So i got 2 ideas. or the 4 pin psu cable is dead , or the mobo is dead. Please help me im getting so annoyed

I would make sure that all the power connectors are plugged in tight, that the ram is in the right slots and then if still no go pull out the CPU make sure there are no bent pins and th fan is plugged into the CPU fan port. Start with clearing the CMOS. Unplug the PSU and set the jumper for 3 minutes then put the jumper back to operating position. Thos are the first steps I would take.

I checked all the cables for like 5 times. Then i checked procesor ( if i mounted it good ) and the triangle is redirected onto left up corner of socket , which is also shown on the instructions paper that came with box when i bought it today.One of my friends told me that my psu is not good enough , but idk. Also i have tried to put our the battery but i have some problems pushing it out of its place , but whatever happens is it possible that cpu fan doesnt even starts to spin ? Something is really wrong in here

To take out the battery push the tab on the side, sideways and push down on the opposite side of the battery and it will pop out. What is your PSU name and model number. Can you take a picture inside the case? maybe we can see something that is wrong.

Gigabyte 970A-DS3P and customer reviews...

...Have a number of DOAs and will not start. This was posted to one of the users by tech support.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for your difficulty with your GIGABYTE product.

Unable to power on the PC, please check the following:

1. Be sure both ATX 24-Pin and ATX12V 4 or 8-Pin are firmly connected into the board.

2. Check the chassis power switch to make sure it's connected to the "Power Switch" pins on the front panel header, please see user manual for the exact location of the power switch pins.

3. Power up the system by making contact the power switch pins with a paperclip.

4. Disconnect additional components or hardware to see if the system is able to power on with the minimum system configuration.

5. Test the motherboard on the test bench (outside of the computer case) to eliminate the ground issue.

6. Try another power outlet or bypass any battery backup system.

7. If possible, test the power supply unit in another PC to ensure it is in working condition.

8. Attempt to test different model of power supply unit to rule out PSU related possibility.

GIGABYTE VIP Support Team

In the end my gut tells me the board is DOA. I just cannot tweak my mind to go Gigabyte for AMD AM3+.

RGone...

I hear ya RGone, this isn't the first I have seen like this and pretty sure this one is a goner too. Just wanted to eliminate the usual suspects.

i checked psu and its working , i got everything out of case and now it wants to power on , but cpu fan starts to spin and stops , gpu fan is working. When i unplugg the ram , pc turns on , and it has lots continues short beeps . tomorrow ill get a new ram , and try . if not working then , it can just be bad mobo?

Quite possible as RGone said there have been a high rate of DOA with that board. You could try that memory in different slots. One may not be good. You only have 1 stick right?

Dead On Arrival, if you're getting ran do yourself a favour and get a dual channel kit 2x4Gb. It practically doubles the performance.

Back