• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help OCing a A8-6600K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sam_161

Hey, so I've recently bought a new CPU cooler (TX3) to stat overclocking, but I have no clue how to overclock, so that's why I'm here. I'll leave all my specs down below.
MOBO: A55M E33
RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz
HDD: 1TB

Pretty sure that's all you need to know?
Thanks in advanced.

Set multiplier to manual and strees for 20 mins to see if stable then raise multiplier by 0.5 and test again for stability. When stability testing fails raise cpu voltage a notch or two and test again before raising multiplier anymore. That is all there is to overclocking that cpu on that motherboard.
RGone...ster.

Okay, but like I said I have no idea how to overclock. So I know I find that in the bios. But where in the bios? It's not under OC settings.

Here is the 'real' deal...

4.5Ghz reserved
Other Benches and BIOS Screenshots are in the Spoiler. Click on SHOW

The link above is to results and captures/pics of the bios on my Asus CHV board. I had a formatted Usb stick and used the F12 key to capture the bios shots to the Usb key. I had to scroll the bios page so that the whole page could be shown. F12 is what you see is what you get and does not show any choices that must be scrolled down to. So multiple captures to get one whole page. IN my situation. YMMV. F12 captures need to be changed from bitmap to JPEG file type so the size is not too too large to 'attach' to the forum.

This leads up to the fact we do not have that board. We don't know what bios looks like. Sure we can suggest what to do but you say that is not informative enough. Well we need to see what 'your' bios looks like to make a more refined suggestion. If we do not have board and we have no clue what bios looks like...well that is just it.
RGone...ster.

Back