• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Want to overclock I7-5960X to 4.0GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jackwebb1970

Registered
Hello I'm Jack and I want to overcook a I7-5960X to 4.0Ghz I have a custom water loop buuut it is only a 120mmX38mm, so my question is will that be ok. I also have a 240mmX38mm radiator cooling my two GTX980's on a separate loop, so any help I will be very grateful. :D

Thank you for the answer. it's hopefully going to paired with a EVGA X99 classified mobo, 64 gig of ram, yada yada yada. Right now it is in the planning stages but am very hopeful with tax check this will happen, ooorrrr if it is less than I think it will be then it will be a very different system. This was more of a thought experiment type problem. If you look at my signature one side is the pie in the sky the other bare minimum more likely it will be some where in the middle

4GHz will probably run at stock voltage. Actually many chips will run at ~1.15V overclocked to about 4.2GHz. OnDborder has a good 5960X. Average is about 1.32-1.35V for 4.5GHz.

Back