• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best motherboard in the Universe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moko

Registered
Hi...i planning new PC build ,not sure to wait for skylake.....as I want the best motherboard for gaming,and video editing....and future proof as can be.....600$ budget just for motherboard.(so best motherboard in the Universe,for 600...lol)

video editing..alot of editing,and special effects to my HD motorsports videos.

i want to run skyrim with custom ENB's....at max,on the best monitor setup,and the new GTA 5 at max

It also acts as my media server,using plex,to different tvs through house

Thanks for any help.....i dont post much,but come here alot,love the forums here,and this website is my favorite for forums for PC hardware

Last edited:
8k just for computer.....not including monitors,OS,or anything else,just tower(not that I have to spend all that,but I'm planning between 6k-8k)

I suppose I could up the motherboard budget to 1000

I was just today checking out that Ausu X99e- ws....thats when I decided to just ask here which motherboard for me :)

Last edited:
I already have a 3tb external drive,so for tower,I want speed as most important priority

I already have a 3tb external drive,so for tower,I want speed as most important priority

No parity or redundancy at all? :(

You've definitely got speed with what I posted.

Thanks....i like your parts list alot

Side note on storage space: I thought about getting a nas box and adding afew more 3tb with one I got.....for media storage.....that will be all separate budget from tower

A NAS would be a great idea for you.
4x3TB in RAID5 would give you enough storage for quite a while.
Make sure you use drives meant for RAID though.

Also, look at getting a mechanical keyboard.
And be sure to post some pictures of this beast!

Thanks alot....yea mechanical keyboard will be cool

A NAS would be a great idea for you.
4x3TB in RAID5 would give you enough storage for quite a while.
Make sure you use drives meant for RAID though.

Also, look at getting a mechanical keyboard.
And be sure to post some pictures of this beast!

I wouldn't ever recommend RAID5 anymore, the time to rebuild can take a long time with the larger drives, anything larger than 1TB I've been recommending RAID6 (2 disk parity failover redundancy).

ATMINSIDE....do you think I should not wait for the skylake MB,I guess I could play the waiting game forever....i kinda lean towards buying the X99 ,and I could just upgrade the MB and proc acouple years later....and still use some parts I buy now

Not to worried about 2+ years down the road though,I want to enjoy it now ��

Thanks guys :) ill look I to the raid 6 too

Btw: Im pretty excited here,cause I'm coming from a 2009 mac mini with windows 8.1 on boot camp,which is a core 2 duo....will I see any difference.....lol

Open air cases have a lot of dust buildup, FYI.
They're great for swapping lots of hardware out, but I prefer a closed case for a daily machine

Open air cases have a lot of dust buildup, FYI.
They're great for swapping lots of hardware out, but I prefer a closed case for a daily machine

I was gonna ask about that....yea I could see that,but they look cool when their clean...I kinda thought,well....ill just compress air spray it off from time to time....because I would like to experiment with different fan/water cooling setups,and will be easier

then maybe move to closed case later after choosing setup

You'll have more than enough room to do that in the 750D.

The point of an open case is for guys like me, where we're benchmarking and I could swap motherboards three times a week, processors every night, and graphics cards even more than that.

Back