• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering an epic watercooling adventure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm thinking though if an AQ6 is put there to control 15 fans, won't it become a giant clutter of cables?

No... In my build I simply ran 2 cables from the AQ6 and these two then connected up to some 'Mod My Toys' fan splitter boards [I use 2 fan headers on the AQ6XT to control 17 fans - 8 rad and 9 case fans]. The fan splitters can be mounted way out of sight and in a convenient location near the fans. Then you only need to run one cable from those boards as the splitters effectively become a commoning point for the fan cables.

Here is a pic of my AQ6XT in the 900D. The panel/bay above the AQ6XT is my hidden DVD drive just like t1nm4n's setup.

Qaj2zj.jpg

Last edited:
That one looks really nice and flush, well done indeed.
I'd love mine to be hidden behind the bay covers though and maintain that sweet stealthy look of the 900D.

I bet that LCD screen can just be screwed off, just a shame they don't sell the 6XT's pcb separately as they did with the 5LT

Yes the LCD is held in with just 4 screws and it simply plugs in via a multipin header to the main pcb.

Yes the LCD is held in with just 4 screws and it simply plugs in via a multipin header to the main pcb.

:thup:

I'm still looking for some decent flex RGB LED strips as well of around 50cm length. Controllable by software and/or some kind of IR remote. Suggestions anyone?
I've considered the Corsair Link RGB lighting set, but I'd have to get two of those because they (still) don't sell the LED strips separately. I'd want a total of 6 50cm strips.

Asper

:thup:

I'm still looking for some decent flex RGB LED strips as well of around 50cm length. Controllable by software and/or some kind of IR remote. Suggestions anyone?
I've considered the Corsair Link RGB lighting set, but I'd have to get two of those because they (still) don't sell the LED strips separately. I'd want a total of 6 50cm strips.

Asper

They actually do sell the strips individually, finally. Its just getting the software to work for you. heh They just released CL 3.+ and the complaints are already coming in. Its been 3 years and the same tune is being sung still. I was a early adopter. No, they didn't pay me and all the consumers, we payed them for their working product only to become their alpha/beta testers and still till this day. They kindly ask us what issues we have so they can replicate it for 3 years.

Still have their old generation CL set and have the new CL mini and LED strips. I am going to give it one more chance to control my pumps, fans and LEDs. If I can't get the simple tasks to work, well I'll just switch to my simple $10 Swiftech 8-way PWM splitters and two PWM MB headers. If I could go back, I would have saved my $150+ purchase of CL and saved it towards a full set of Aquaero 6 XT, pumps, flow sensor and RBG LEDs etc.

Those are some nice looking LED strips indeed. I'd love 50cm ones but can't seem to find any deepcool 50cm strips :(

My idea is to have the standard four strips inside the case hooked up to a single controller and two more strips to light up those sexy side front air intakes the 900D has. Those two have to be controlled separately as they'll most likely be put in a different colour :)

Ordered my first parts today! A Monsoon pro bending kit to get those tubes really perfect, a few fittings I couldn't find anywhere in Europe lolz and a FrozenQ LF 250mm res wit a blood red double helix inside :clap: Oh and a kill coil and a few other misc things

Well the RGB LED problem has been solved! I've contacted the people over at IceModz and explained to them what and how I wanted to light everything up, and they provided me with exactly the stuff I needed: all the strips, splitters, controllers, remotes. Their strips also have these nice 50cm long braided extensions so you can route them anywhere you want.

I'll place my order with them as soon as I get another email reply :D

Have you though about using Enthoo Primo? Fits two 480mm rads if needed or in my case 2x360mm + 240mm.
Comes with PWM hub that can run 11 low power fans of from the motherboard. I have 13 fans connected to it and it has been working fine.
Is quite a bit cheaper than 900D and the build quality is excelent. Looks better too in my opinion.

thanks for your feedback waza, but by now my mind is totally set on the 900D and I've also already began to order some items specially for this case.

Some people have also warned me about the 900D being really huge, but that's what I'll love about it. I'm hoping it'll be the big beasty monster everybody is 'warning' me about :clap:

Enthoo is a nice case but don't like the old style internal design to it with that wall panel coming down, which could get in the way of things. I've seen some already mod that section or even removed a chunk out to fit a rad.

900D is more but has a open concept. Many things removable to give you a more easier experience while still being able to fit anything you throw at it.

I've been happy from my purchase and never looked back.

Enthoo is a nice case but don't like the old style internal design to it with that wall panel coming down, which could get in the way of things. I've seen some already mod that section or even removed a chunk out to fit a rad.

900D is more but has a open concept. Many things removable to give you a more easier experience while still being able to fit anything you throw at it.

I've been happy from my purchase and never looked back.

That wall panel is screw mounted so it can be removed. Only downside would be that the 5.25 bays become unusable unless you use the very bottom slot and stack on it.
Still with the panel in place it fits 120mm wide nexxos and ek radiators which have boxy shroud. Not sure if it fits hardwarelabs radiators tho.
No question 900D fits more stuff but you can easily fit enough radiators in Enthoo Primo unless you plan quad sli or crossfire system.
Fitting harddrives can be a problem but I can't think of any reason to use more than one. Maybe if you hoard music and movies on your PC :D

Question: Has anybody over here ever used the Primochill coupler fittings to have a loop pass through a case's mid-plate? Wondering if they can be used for this and what the spacing is between the two 'coupled' fittings. The mid-plate will be custom made so thickness can vary based on this spacing.

Cheers

Back