• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blank screen after replacing APU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PoopingPigeon

Registered
Hello, recently I decided to upgrade my old laptop. It was powered with AMD A6 4400m apu, I found that the maximum upgrade can be done with A10 5750m apu, so i bought it and placed into the laptop. After that when i power on it, I get only black screen, no beebs nothing. Cooling fan spining, hard drive runing etc. I did tryed place back old apu and the laptop runing well. Any ideas?
Thanks

Can you tell the members which laptop model you have and how did you find out which APU you could up grade to from the original one. Then we might be able to help you more as for me right now i would not like to guess.

As it could lead to the wrong information and welcome to OCF Forums!

Ajay.

Many thanks for fast reply. I have Packard Bell EasyNote TV43CM. I did installed the latest bios which i found in Packard Bell downloads section. But the latest release was 2013/10/18. Or i should look for motherboard model and try to find newer bios update?
Thanks

Where did you get the information of compatible APU as well as the bios from? I am having trouble finding any links...

I'm going to guess that it doesn't support it.

I think your best bet here is to give a call to PBell and see what they have to say about it...

That is why i never jumped back in after Google showed no results for any upgrades at all on the OP's Laptop!

Ajay.

I will try to contact PBell. Otherwise it was a waste of money :( Didn't expected that the PBell has a lower products support than the HP.
What do you mean by "on the OP's Laptop"? Sorry, but my English isn't so good :)
Thanks for the reply guys.

OP = Original Post .... in this case, you PoopingP. :)

I had no idea Packard Bell was even in business anymore! I would fully expect HP to have better support than PB though!

Please report back with what they say. Those results could help someone else doing the same thing.

UPDATE! after half hour without cmos battery i can enter to the bios, there are all info about that new APU, but after i set from UEFI mode to legacy bios- again blank screen. In UEFI mode laptop don't see hard drive. Please, tell me that there is some solution :D

We are all glad to hear you have a good result, please come back to OCF Forums if you need help again. :welcome:

Regards,

Ajay.

Back