• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP's AMD build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh, use it all you want, I've been using it for my background.
I put out the individual logos just for people to use :)

Wait till I put up some of the other subs ;)
Nothing like yours, but still strong boints!
Thanks Atmin and my runs were on -6c water, makes a big difference over an AIO cooler. :D

Thanks Atmin and my runs were on -6c water, makes a big difference over an AIO cooler. :D

That and I think your chip just needs less voltage in the 5GHz+ range.

You've seen what this AIO can do on cold air though ;)

That and I think your chip just needs less voltage in the 5GHz+ range.

You've seen what this AIO can do on cold air though ;)
Maybe but remember cold will help it run higher on less volts also and I have seen what the AIO will do on cold air, impressive to say the least!

You could find out if you went to the Spring Benching Party at Witchy's. Just saying.

Hmmmm...

I should be hired on full time at my job by the end of the month..
Not sure how he-who-shall-not-be-named (read: Bossman) would take to me taking some vaycay right after I get hired...

Although, I would love to learn how LN2 is done. Maybe some DICE too :)
See, now I want Winter to stick around. Nice cool temps, just need a rad and a loop LOL

Oh, while I'm here, I forgot to ask.
How well does a RAID 0 array built on Intel's onboard RAID transfer to AMD?

Okay!

Received the GA-970A-UD3 & FX 6300 yesterday, so today after work will be the tear down.
Sounds like I'll have to do a fresh Windows install, so that's what I'll be doing tonight.

Still have to figure out if I have the AMD hardware for the Nocuta :-/
Hope I do...

So am I! :D

Gotta wait for he chipset drivers to download first.
Then I gotta find a DVD drive for Windows LOL

Just use a USB stick?

All out of those...
one's for Macrium, the other is slow, old and quite frankly, unreliable :-/

No worries, I "borrowed" my brother's DVD drive :)

Going to do a final backup, and a fresh install will follow!

Got most of the essentials re-installed, now it's time for some OCing fun! :thup:

Still haven't bought the GTX 960 yet though, that'll have to wait a bit.
Didn't think my car's rad would leak so bad :(

Bummer. I had to ditch my plans tonight too. I had a power steering line blow out on my Saab. Easy enough to replace I suppose, only took an hour. But now my back needs a break. Maybe time for some 03 action?

S_P you'll like amd/fx, lots of buttons to push and knobs to twist, and if all else fails, CRANK UP THE VCORE!!!!!!

Bummer. I had to ditch my plans tonight too. I had a power steering line blow out on my Saab. Easy enough to replace I suppose, only took an hour. But now my back needs a break. Maybe time for some 03 action?
I've sunk ~$600 into a car I paid $750 for.. LOL
S_P you'll like amd/fx, lots of buttons to push and knobs to twist, and if all else fails, CRANK UP THE VCORE!!!!!!
I like your style caddi, you're a guy who knows how to get things done! :thup:

blaylock, the aero academy was a driving school you got if you bought a 95 or a viggen.
I worked every one of those schools.

s_p, one of the things I like about fx is you can either finess it or get out the sledge hammer.
you will find lots of info in the just putzen around thread, gotta sort through a lot of poop though.
mandrake has my old 6300 so he might be a great help.

Thanks guys :D

Poking around seems that the 1.488 Vcore is about right for 4.6-4.7 Ghz.
Max safe 24/7 Vcore seems to be 1.55 volts? That right? Sounds high.

Since it's a long weekend, you all will know what I'll be doing :thup:

Back