• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP's AMD build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i for one appalud the switch to AMD! build it up and then see what it can do. Im so jealous of the saberkitty :cry:

Sounds like he isn't getting the saberkitty. Getting a known good gigabyte board.

Oh, stubborn overclocker. Must have been one of the lower-binned/high-VID chips. I had the same problem with my first Q6600, required way too much voltage for not enough returns.

Shame they aren't cheaper, you could try to find a 3570K that clocks better at lower voltage if they weren't so expensive.

Well, can't blame you for wanting to see what life is like with a different platform. I've also been considering whether to build an AM3+ rig at some point, just to see how the CPU's perform.

Yeah I did want to play the silicon lottery again, but just not worth the $$ to have a chip that might be a bit better...
Besides, can't let Blaylock, Johan, Manny Rgone and the rest of the gang have fun without me!!

SP, you mentioned at the beginning of this thread that your main game is MindCraft. Isn't that a single core only game? If so, I would remind you that Intel has it all over AMD in single core performance.

apparently they updated to multithreaded in one of the recent updates
I have "Optifine" installed. It's a mod that basically tweak Minceraft to run much better, and also adds a dual-core chunk loading algorithm.
So I can utilize at least 2 cores. I'm hopeing with some tweaking of the affinity settings, I can load up Minceraft evenly across cores 1,3,6 to then use all 3 FPU's instead of just one FPU. :)

Sounds like he isn't getting the saberkitty. Getting a known good gigabyte board.
Yep. ATMINSIDE offered me his 970A-UD3 which he used to take this FX 6300 up to 5 Ghz :D

Should be a blast to OC me thinks!
I'm hoping it'll take kindly to FSB overclocking - that's my favorite way to OC :D

I was reading that patch 1.8 made Minecraft officially multithreaded, so it would now take advantage of multiple cores without the need for mods.

I was reading that patch 1.8 made Minecraft officially multithreaded, so it would now take advantage of multiple cores without the need for mods.

Running version 1.7.10 :)
Just updated to 1.7.10 a month or so ago.

Besides, all my mods are for 1.7.10 anyway :p
Vanilla Minceraft sucks lol

Running version 1.7.10 :)
Just updated to 1.7.10 a month or so ago.

Besides, all my mods are for 1.7.10 anyway :p
Vanilla Minceraft sucks lol

Ah, I see. Well once your mods get updated to 1.8 then it should really speed things up for you!

Lol, I'm 34 and I still play minecraft, it's great fun and there is no objectification of women ergo my wife is ok with it lol.
Mods you say? I knew of texture packs but what is this mods?! I've been missing out?! This is the first 9 months of warcraft that I played modless :eek:
Sorry for the thread jack, please continue with the Amd build goodness

Lol, I'm 34 and I still play minecraft, it's great fun and there is no objectification of women ergo my wife is ok with it lol.
Mods you say? I knew of texture packs but what is this mods?! I've been missing out?! This is the first 9 months of warcraft that I played modless :eek:
Sorry for the thread jack, please continue with the Amd build goodness

Load up on mods my friend!!

Oh, and load up on Sildur's shader pack. You'll understand why I want to go with a powerful Nvidia :)

As for AMD goodness, check out the latest clocks ATMINSIDE was able to get with the chip and mobo I bought! :D :thup:

Not really. Only certain things were offloaded to a second core, not things like loading chunks.
The majority of the game is still on one core with things like chat on the second core.

Yeah I did want to play the silicon lottery again, but just not worth the $$ to have a chip that might be a bit better...
Besides, can't let Blaylock, Johan, Manny Rgone and the rest of the gang have fun without me!!

I have "Optifine" installed. It's a mod that basically tweak Minceraft to run much better, and also adds a dual-core chunk loading algorithm.
So I can utilize at least 2 cores. I'm hopeing with some tweaking of the affinity settings, I can load up Minceraft evenly across cores 1,3,6 to then use all 3 FPU's instead of just one FPU. :)

Yep. ATMINSIDE offered me his 970A-UD3 which he used to take this FX 6300 up to 5 Ghz :D

Should be a blast to OC me thinks!
I'm hoping it'll take kindly to FSB overclocking - that's my favorite way to OC :D

Well, this is the most recent result for me:
http://valid.x86.fr/wu3e9w

More on the way :)

May not want to blow it up before you send it Atmin :p

I would be giving it volts like my 8350 has seen if I was planning to blow it up :rofl:
To be fair, Silver told me to :attn: He wanted to see temps at speed/voltages so he's gotten some screenies with HWMonitor running out of this :thup:

Well you have some nice subs posted :thup: Oh and I used your shirt SS for my avatar on the bot hope u don't mind.

Well you have some nice subs posted :thup: Oh and I used your shirt SS for my avatar on the bot hope u don't mind.

Oh, use it all you want, I've been using it for my background.
I put out the individual logos just for people to use :)

Wait till I put up some of the other subs ;)
Nothing like yours, but still strong boints!

Back