• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitors are going to sleep when set not to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I have had both monitors for 3-4 years and never had any issues, On my latest new build I installed a new graphics card and now I am having this issue.
I always set my power options to never go to sleep and I have never had a issue. Now with the new graphics card even with all power settings set to never my monitors are going into a sleep mode. I called the support they checked everything and everything is set correct. They say maybe the MB bios has some kind of power saving settings. I don't know if my MB has such settings but my guess is it is one guy throwing the ball to someone else because they didn't know what was wrong.

As most of you who have read my posts know I over build when I build my systems and I really didn't need a new graphics card so if I can figure this issue out I will put the old one back in and return the one I just bought.

Before doing that I wanted to know if anyone have the same make of graphics card and experienced the monitors going into sleep. Both monitors go to their standby mode and the minute I mouse the mouse everything comes back until it happens again when I am not using my system.

I AM 100% that all my settings are correct. has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance
Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you change the Windows power settings?
Seems like you did.

Any settings in the driver control panel regarding power?

Changed title to something relevant...

EDIT : and now just deleted a duplicate thread. One thread per subject please! :)

Last edited:
That was over a month ago...look at the time stamp. ;)

Forget about this thread? Make sure you are subscribed to your threads you create!!!

That was over a month ago...look at the time stamp. ;)

Forget about this thread? Make sure you are subscribed to your threads you create!!!

Like I said back a few months ago I was confused at what you told me aboutme posting the same problem in 2 threads, you said you deleted the other one.

I still have not had anyone reply that they have had the same issues. I would appreciate if anyone experienced the same issues with monitors going to some kind of sleep mode even though I have all my power options set to never turn off on hard drives,displays, etc

Chapter 2, page 41, mentions some PCI power settings you may have overlooked. Your board does have some other power saving features as well. Your manual can be found here.

Last edited:
Chapter 2, page 41, mentions some PCI power settings you may have overlooked. Your board does have some other power saving features as well. Your manual can be found here.

Yes I did see that but I have no idea what it does. So I just passed out if. I also read about Intel smart connect technology, but it mentioned what it does when you are in sleep mode.

My problem is My dual display just goes into a sleep mode, I just move my mouse and it comes right back as it would if it was in sleep mode. My original post on this thread was back in March, I thought it was my graphics card so I returned it and now have the one listed on my signature.

I've had this current system up and running since April and yesterday This problem started, I had a Microsoft tech working on my Updates, I wasn't able to get my Windows Updates to work. He worked on my system remotely but I could see what he was doing and he didn't do anything in my power options. It's just strange that it just started yesterday so something somewhere got changed???

One thing that is strange is if you scroll to the top of this thread you'll see that I talked about my monitors were going to sleep and even though MY windows power settings were set correctly I am still having my monitors going to sleep. I move my mouse and they come back so that is why I say it is like a sleep mode.

When I got no answers I decided to build a completely new system, I replaced everything except the monitors which I know work well, they have no sleep features.

I believe that is what confused the Admin in this forum to say I was creating more than one thread on the same subject. You see I was posting the same problem on 2 different systems. My guess is that the problem started when I bought the next gen of Motherboards. I also changed the graphics card twice thinking it might be the video card.

Has anyone build a system with the Asus 97 Z-A and if you have do you have these issues with the monitors going to sleep? even though I have all the power settings set to never go to sleep?

Back