• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI R9 270x Twin Frozr max overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BadDragon

Theoretically, how high can I overclock it? And of course I mean without breaking it, overheating it, or anything else that would make gameplay impossible at that level. Right now I have it sitting pretty at 1175 core clock and 1575 memory clock. Is this normal? Or perhaps rare? I don't know honestly. Another theoretical, if I could, in some perfect universe, overclock my card infinitely, at what point would it perform as well as, or better than the next level card? say an R9 280 or 280x?

Alright, so... GTA 5, everything max at 1080p with vsync off, msaa off, fxaa on, and texture detail at normal (minimum), but everything else maxed. Ran the built in benchmark, everything was pretty until the hummer ride, where my card promptly failed. Screen messed up bad, computer stayed on, and the sound for the game was running normal oddly enough... I even heard it change scenes. So I bumped it down to 1150 core clock and 1500 memory clock to be safe. Good things come in small packages, and that package was time... or however hard I had to push it to break it.

Nobody knows how far you can push the card safely, that depends upon each individual card's abilities.

It'll take a lot for a 270X to get up to 280 performance.

You didn't break it, you just crashed the graphics driver by pushing the overclock too high.

ive been able to get my Gigabyte windoforce 270x to 1200/1700. your going to be able to get way more out of that ram then the core, they are pretty tapped out on stock cooling without voltage mods.
I am unable to adjust the voltage on my 270x too for what ever reason.
how ever I do have it cross fired with a twin frozor 7870 and I have had to overclock it to match the speed of the 270x which doesnt sound like much but involved a 150Mhz oc on the core and a 300Mhz oc on the ram to match stock speeds on the windforce, thankfully I can adjust the voltage on the 7870 to keep it stable so it'll run 1200 core but I meet in the middle with the ram at 1500

any way your milage may vary, just tweak it bit by bit. I would avoid leaps and bounds.

what are you using to overclock your card?

Back