• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Summer CPU BBQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It does Roger, I'll have an example up for you in a bit. You should be under 20 minutes.

Here ya go Rog this is more where you should be. You can make a new post. I'm just displaying the best scores for each person this time around to keep it simple. The only thing I did was use the BCd ( bulldozer conditioner) I'm headed off to a BBQ. Keep at it Roger and you may want to reinstall an OS if you haven't already

pi.JPG

ok Update

XRogerX/ AMD/ 6 cores/ Pifast / 34.38

PiFast 34.38.PNG

XRogerX/ AMD/ 6 cores/ SPi 32m / 18m 42.001

Spi 18m 42.001.PNG

XRogerX/ AMD/ 6 cores/ WPrime 1024 / 362.496

WPrime 362.496.PNG

XRogerX/ AMD/ 6 cores/ GPUpi (CPU) 1B / 10m 57.074

GPUpi 10m 57.074.PNG

This is on my everyday O/S , when I got the other scores that was on my Benching hdd, so I don't know what going on but these are a lot better

I have two HDDS , one is for benching , and that was my 1st set of scores , and this one I just posted was on my everyday O/S , and as you can see it it cut it in half , I don't understand it cause there is nothing on the benching HDD but the plain O/S that has nothing in it

From the looks of his two different scores (everyday OS & bench OS). Somewhere in his bench OS he has a major setting wrong. It could be a whole bunch of things, it's easier to just wipe and reinstall windows.
One possible... what drive do you have your virtual memory set to on the bench OS, are the two OS's on different drives and if yes are they different size????

From the looks of his two different scores (everyday OS & bench OS). Somewhere in his bench OS he has a major setting wrong. It could be a whole bunch of things, it's easier to just wipe and reinstall windows.
One possible... what drive do you have your virtual memory set to on the bench OS, are the two OS's on different drives and if yes are they different size????

yes two different drives, main everyday drive is 120gig ssd and the other is a storage drive that I wiped to bench on and that a 500 gig

How old is that spinning 500????
I have a program called HD Sentinel that checks the statues of my HDD's. Trying to think of a free program that to can use to see the SMART staues of that drive. I believe that dive is throwing errors.

I don't know then , let me think, I installed it , no windows updates , no Lan Drivers ,has video drivers
I don't think that would cause it , or would it?

Update

The 500 is about 8-9 yrs old

How old is that spinning 500????
I have a program called HD Sentinel that checks the statues of my HDD's. Trying to think of a free program that to can use to see the SMART staues of that drive. I believe that dive is throwing errors.
crystal disk info. ;)

OHHH yeah..... that drive is failing. Even doing a windows format will not catch the sectors that are going bad. It only catches them after they are totally unusable.

That doesn't matter. Yours may be corrupted.

@ madmutt - he already used another drive to get normal results.

Reformat and reinstall your os. If scores are still vorked, it may be the drive, but I highly doubt it because it's old and slow.... pi runs in cache and ram, not off the HDD afaik.

Back