• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII December: SuperPi 32M Limited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FX speed is unlimited, you'll never catch Ryzen even at 8.0 GHz
8350s at 8ghz+ run ~9m30s, so it would depend on which Ryzen you pick, (both Der8aur and Stilt did it as far as i know) and we don't know if they used the "conditioner" thinguie ?

8350s at 8ghz+ run ~9m30s, so it would depend on which Ryzen you pick, (both Der8aur and Stilt did it as far as i know) and we don't know if they used the "conditioner" thinguie ?

My TR run was under 9m at 4.3 GHz and no tweaking so it's not going to happen.
P.S. The Stilt wrote the BC software so pretty sure he used it

mackerel/i7-5775C/air/7m11.902s

What will possibly be my only DDR3 sub, unless I revisit the ram on this. Have to admit I chanced the OC somewhat. Temps seemed ok to 1.4v even with air cooling. 4.2 GHz was the last speed able to complete Cinebench R15, with HT on. So turned that off, turned it up to 4.3 and crossed my fingers. Didn't crash, I'll take it.

spi-32m-7m11s902.png

FX speed is unlimited, you'll never catch Ryzen even at 8.0 GHz

Oh I know, just making sure in case I get a chance to put the screws to something other then the Ryzen. I think my best on the 8350 was in the high 10 m range at 7.3 ghz so yeah not going to catch the Ryzen.....which is a good thing. :D

mackerel/i7-5775C/air/7m11.902s

What will possibly be my only DDR3 sub, unless I revisit the ram on this. Have to admit I chanced the OC somewhat. Temps seemed ok to 1.4v even with air cooling. 4.2 GHz was the last speed able to complete Cinebench R15, with HT on. So turned that off, turned it up to 4.3 and crossed my fingers. Didn't crash, I'll take it.
I imagine with cores turned off you may be able to give 4.4 or 4.5 a go!

mackerel/R5 2600/air/8m16.873s

And a sub for team red. Again, nothing was as simple as hoped. I got Win7 booted easily enough this time, but it went into a crash cycle after installing Ryzen Master. Messed around in safe mode trying to fix it, costing a fair bit of time but got it booting again. Tried more aggressive ram timings as previously used on Intel but it wasn't having it here. I'll have to revisit that another time.

spi-32m-8m16s873.png

Heh, within a minute! If I were to set smoke to medium, I could probably match those numbers.
First gen i7 still spanking!:clap:

It's quite simple Steveo, if you have the software in post #11 I told Kenrou how to use it. It really doesn't do much but let X87 run faster on FX by removing a block.

took your advice. here's the new run at it:

steveokinevo / FX-8370 / AIO / 17M 18.918S

Untitled.jpg

took your advice. here's the new run at it:

steveokinevo / FX-8370 / AIO / 17M 18.918S

C'mon bro, punch those clocks higher, let's have a FX showdown... I can hit 4.9ghz ~1.525v before my NH-D15 melts, so this isn't even my best score and you're on water. Hell I'll make the time to switch to my 4300 5ghz just to see the difference [emoji23]

C'mon bro, punch those clocks higher, let's have a FX showdown... I can hit 4.9ghz ~1.525v before my NH-D15 melts, so this isn't even my best score and you're on water. Hell I'll make the time to switch to my 4300 5ghz just to see the difference [emoji23]

need help tuning it better. i was sort of told the board i have may not take much more. if you have any recommendation that would be helpful. heres my build thread: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/783757-OC-ing-with-the-FX-8370

need help tuning it better. i was sort of told the board i have may not take much more. if you have any recommendation that would be helpful. heres my build thread: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/783757-OC-ing-with-the-FX-8370

I remember this thread, you still have some OC space before you hit ~70c on tmp1 (assuming you still have the fan over the VRM), but your near the voltage limit for FX which i think it was around 1.5v-1.55v, so you'll get another 100mhz hopefully. Up to you if it's worth it for bragging rights, but you can always get it back down after this :thup:

Out of curiosity, do you do anything that needs AVX2 on your rig (like x265 video coding/mining/science stuffs/seti@home) ? if not you can tune Prime95 so it uses less voltage/temp by adding CpuSupportsAVX2=0 to the local.txt, might (big maybe) net you another 100mhz ?

Last edited:
Random thought, is there any preference on how we specify the CPU names in the results? I'm inconsistent already, including i7 in one, not i3 on the other...

Doesn't matter to me as long as I know it's intel or AMD. They both have an 8350 for example

MetalRacer / 9900k / SS / 6m 11.561s

capture022.jpg

Back