• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deep Cool Captain 240 - Any thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pcride

I just completed my build and is my first water cooled system. Its a closed loop system. It seems to be a newer system just in the last couple of months. I was going to get the corsair HI110 or whatever it was but decided to get this. I think the tube coming out of the pump looks sweet and was the same price as the corsair.

I was able to find one site that did a benchmark on it and seems to be a decent system with the exception of some users thought it to be louder than corsair. I think it came in at 52 db where other brands were mid 40'd db. Seemed to do a better job cooling however.

Anyways, does anyone have any thoughts about this? Have you used it, heard anything about it?

DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240 CPU Liquid Cooler AIO Water Cooling Ceramic Bearing Pump Visual Liquid Flow with Dual120mm FDB PWM Fan Rubber Coating Deep Silent
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835856022

Go for a Swiftech H220x or CoolerMaster Glacer 240L.

That Deepcool is outperformed by plenty of air coolers.

Take a look at this list. One great one that's not on there is the Coolermaster Nepton 240m, which is basically the 120mm fan version of the Nepton 280L - both would perform great; so would the H220x.

Last edited:
Back