• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i would like to dual boot my widows 8 tablet and overclock it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marketpantry

I purchased a UB-15MS10 ablet (generic wind0ws 8 tablet. i would like to dual boot it with android. please help

I can tell you that OC on android is tough to do because the implementation is in the firmware. Meaning you have to get custom firmware to accomplish OC unless its already written in there. I know that I have seen dual boot tutorials out there and will dig one up for ya if you cant find one yourself. I dont know if you can dual boot windows and android though, any tutorial I have seen is for different android versions.

To go back to the OC subject real quickly. I at one time thought that I would like OC for some of my devices and was impressed with how much good could be done with debloating and optimization. Ive had devices nearly double benchmark scores just from getting rid of the factory bloatware and proper tuning. These little devices really do pack quite a punch when someone who knows how to work them gets ahold of them (not me, but ive benefited from searches :) )

I can tell you that OC on android is tough to do because the implementation is in the firmware. Meaning you have to get custom firmware to accomplish OC unless its already written in there. I know that I have seen dual boot tutorials out there and will dig one up for ya if you cant find one yourself. I dont know if you can dual boot windows and android though, any tutorial I have seen is for different android versions.

To go back to the OC subject real quickly. I at one time thought that I would like OC for some of my devices and was impressed with how much good could be done with debloating and optimization. Ive had devices nearly double benchmark scores just from getting rid of the factory bloatware and proper tuning. These little devices really do pack quite a punch when someone who knows how to work them gets ahold of them (not me, but ive benefited from searches :) )
what bloatware comes on a windows 8 tablet? its generic best buy brand.

what bloatware comes on a windows 8 tablet? its generic best buy brand.
'ell if I know :)

I've never seen any tablet or phone come without bloat, but I've never even held a Windows model either. Mostly they seem to add in more bloat the less you pay for your device. I was making a generalization without knowledge though.

What I said about OC is applicable though. These little devices are measured in every respect to handle what the manufacturer wants and little more. It's not like you can buy an after market heatsink and fan or anything. That said, I know that it is possible with many Android devices, I've just considered it risky. I do know that I've never seen it done with software or without custom firmware (doesn't mean it's impossible..... Just that I haven't seen it, and I'm by no means an expert)

I'd just like to correct myself in something I said earlier.... OC on a phone is implemented in the kernel. Read this to mean : I do t know enough about it to be talking about it. Sorry for the mistake

Back