• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best Waterblock for FX-9590?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hardware monitor free version from CPUid give a much better picture.

He is but blend is good enough to get an idea of his cooling capability IMO. Just the way things have been unfolding I have to wonder what testing has actually been done. Going to this thread http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...s-R290x-Matrix-Platinum?p=7833079#post7833079 and reading this
Memory :Corsair Vengeance Pro 32Gb 2133Mhz
I know these chips struggle with a lot of memory and 32G @ 2133 is a tough nut to chew.

Here down load this http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.27.exe

the temp to look at are, fx 9590- package, this is the processor it self, 62c max for 24/7.

the cpu line is the socket area, 72c max for 24/7
so you are not killing it right now, a little more airflow to the vrm heatsinks would help lower the cpu/socket temp some.

ok Thanks.so if i ad one extra EX240 and EX120 radiator and maybe better fans when i ad 2nd GPU temps should go down a bit??and is there point to change this CPU WB for newer XSPC Raystorm?

OK your core temps are OK but the socket temps are getting up there. You're going to need some fans on the VRM and behind the CPU on the back of the motherboard to get that CPU/socket temp down about 10c

Those radiators have a high FPI count, they're double rows of 19 fins per inch, you need high static pressure fans to push the air through them. Also as Johan said adding fans on the VRM section and backside of the motherboard will get the socket temp down.

Don't overfill the case with lots of radiators everywhere as you won't have points for fresh intake of air. If anything, you could always hang a rad in the back of the case.

how i can mount fan on the back of MB?can i buy this or have to make some bracket and instal it myself??so this is not good idea to put one extra 240mmm and one 120mm rad in to this case??

Last edited:
Too many rad will choke the airflow is what he is trying to say. The fan on the back of the CPU can look like this or even a bigger one. This one is held with double sided tape

Capturefan.PNG

ok so what will U suggest?do not put any extra Radiators??i have cosmos 2 case and as i said 1 x 360 mm and 1 x 240 mm rad at the moment...this fan on the back of MB is sucking air from it or pushing on it?thx

I think that you should listen to what has been said and adress these things before you add anything else. Your rads will work much better an more might not be necessary.

Agreed...

He will need some solid fans.. I have, essentially, the same GPU(s) as he does with my single 295x2 (2 290x's). My Processor isn't the thermonuclear reactor his is, however it is an overclocked Intel Hex. After a couple hours of gaming in a 20-22C room with a total of 5x120mm worth of radiator (one is a thick rad) and 5 Yate Loon fans on them at 1K RPM, the GPU hits ~60C and the CPU 50C. The CPU is at 4.2-4.4GHz, and the GPU is at stock speeds.

Ok.so i will get better fans and put that extra one on the back and will post results. Thanks for help.

I'll post a couple pics of what I did to my cosmos 2 case when I get home....... pretty easy to get squared away.

Back