• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best Waterblock for FX-9590?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarokamaro007

Registered
Hi.At the moment i have XSPC Delta V3 CPU Block(Acetal)...I was using this on my FX-8350 and now instaled to new CPU.Is that good Waterblock or there is something much better??

Most water blocks work about the same. As long as it has a good solid backplate so you can tighten it down you're good to go. I use the Koolance 380a and love it. I checked some pics of that one and it looks solid enough.

Ok.thanks for reply.. so do U think there is no point to change this waterblock for diferent one?

Not likely there's only a few degrees difference from best to worst you should be fine. Are you having issues with the 9590? I know they can be finicy and if so start a thread in the AMD CPU section and you'll get some help with it. I have a whole bunch of FX processors and they're all different.

Looked at one review with your waterblock in it, if you went with the very best of the current blocks out today maybe you'd see 5-6c temp difference. If it were me I'd use the one you have, unless you find you're having temp issues. Which can be possible with the space heater you're planning on cooling.

Ok.Thank.U.My temps are about 68 Celsius at stock Clock after few hours of playng Witcher 3 or gta V ultra settings so its ok i think?at idle.35-40

as far as I can tell, if you are not benching, the block, if it's from one of the top venders it dosn't matter much at all, rads and fans do in a big way.
I use the xspc raystorm for amd, because it works well enough and looks good doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

68c is a bit hot if thats the cpu, what are you reading the temps with?

God yes ...... if that is stock @4.7GHZ those temps are way hot........ tell us about your loop. How much rad fans etc ...... maybe you have a bad mount.

Old blocks won't perform as good as today's blocks as they have been redesigned, i.e. channels etc.

Two CPU WBs out there that are great and best bang for your buck imho are the XSPC Raystorm and Swiftech XL.

The rest of your loop should be your main focus before you upgrade your WB. Until you know you have good air and water flow with the right amount of heat surface, I wouldn't jump on the WB as of yet.

I have cosmos 2 case, to check temps i am using Speed fan...in my case is 1 x EX 360 Rad with 3 fans,1 x EX240 Rad. With 4 fans.2 x original fans on the front i think one is 240mm and one 120mm,one 120mm fan on the back.all togheter 10 fans.these fans are few years old.maybe they not good as the newer ones?.with these 2 rads im cooling CPU and R290x Matrix Platinum .Next month im puting 2nd GPU and EVGA 1300W PSU.extra EX240 and one EX120 or RX120 RAD and EK MB block.i have acrylic side panel without wholes.maybe that is causing lower airflow too.sory for.my english....

Last edited:
I have a cosmos 2 and watercooled it if you are using the stock fans that came with the case they a defiantly not made for watercooling but as a quiet fan. Combine that with, and guys correct me as I am running late and cant check but the EX line of rads are a high FPI count rad. If I am right you should seriously be looking into better fans. The 290X creates allot of heat as well so combine poor air flow through your rad and the added heat from the 290X and I can see why you have high temps. These FX9XXX chips are hot to begin with, your stock VCore is probably up around 1.5v.

could you download and open hardware monitor and give us a screen shot of it please?

Hi.so what fans would be the best for my radiators??i do not want to change rads because i just bought them few months ago :( but if i have to i will do....just sayn i will put one 240mm and one 120mm rad in few weeks when i ad 2nd gpu and MB Block....what hardware monitor u are talking about??i will download it and show U.will i run stress test??at the moment i have 7 of them
11667861_685010581629289_1202641661_n.jpg

and 1 original 240mm on the front and 2x 120mm original corsair which came with case...

Yep we need to see the temps under full load. Let it run for a while so things get good and warm

Run P95 blend for 20 miutes that should be a good indicator and make sure all your fans are on high

I just thought it wouldn't hurt to run blend for stability sake with all that ram he has in that thing.

Back