• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low Profile memory choice (confused)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Loque

Hi, I'm building a new gaming rig that will use a NH-D15 on an i5-4690K so I'm looking for memory < 32mm. I've been looking at the Corsair Vengeance LP offerings and I see they offer 2133 CL 11 1.5v and 1866 CL9 1.5v. The G.Skill Ares at 33mm high (I think) also has similar options including at 16GB, which may or may not be worth buying for future proofing. I tend not to upgrade that often.

I have read about the different considerations for memory choice but I don't necessarily understood them all: timing vs. speed in memory performance and overclocking considerations for higher memory voltages. Can someone who does understand all this recommend one of these memory models (or another <32mm) for someone wanting to push the 4690K as far as possible and also generate the best memory performance?

Last edited:
I'd stick to a kit that's 1866 CL9 or 2133 CL9/CL10 @ 1.5V.

Back