• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A much needed upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Model number of the Lian Li?
Do they have enough height clearance for the NH-D15?

Not sure of the exact model but it's huge. I've got a monster cpu cooler on my current setup and I've got plenty of room.

If you want something good, quiet, and let's you overclock then look at the NH-D14 or NH-D15.

You're going to recommend to everyone to wait 6mo or more before buying aren't you?

SLI 680's don't even come close to what a single 980 can do. Even 3x of them would be hard pressed to match a 980 in most titles, especially at his resolution.
And a 980Ti is even a good jump from that.

I would say it's 100% worth it to upgrade now.

Well, I'm beginning to bounce back from my surgery and I would think I'll be ready to start building my new setup in another week or two when I can move around a little better.

My question is, do you think a single 980ti would be enough for my 3 monitors or would I need to SLI 2 of them? I could probably fit a single card into my budget right now and add another down the road at some point. Another problem I'm facing with adding a new card is my monitors only have a DVI (Dual Link) output so I'll need 3 adapters to go from DVI to Display port to utilize the 3 monitors on a single card. :(

Glad the surgery went well! Hope the recovery continues to go well also.

I would definitely go for the 980Ti.

Glad the surgery went well! Hope the recovery continues to go well also.

I would definitely go for the 980Ti.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate that! This has been a very long road for my family and I, looking forward to putting this year behind me.

I was able to increase my budget for this build so I'm going to add the 980ti and I'm going to water cool the cpu. I will add a second gpu later down the road and possibly water cool the gpus, but I'll worry about that later. Thanks again for all your insight, I appreciate your time and patience. :thup:

Back