• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case & screen protector for LG G3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Just got it yesterday, and now I'm looking for a good looking and durable case and screen protector for it.

I've never actually bought a case or screen protector for any phone in the past, but this one is way more expensive than my previous ones.
I know Otterbox is a trusted brand, but I'm also looking into other cases.

I need something that can take some abuse - not dropping say, but pressure because it'll be in my pocket while I work and sometimes I have to lean on the pocket where my phone is or I have had my phone hit something like a safety fence when I walk by it. Because of that, I was also thinking of perhaps a clip on case that I can clip onto my shorts....
I have the Otterbox Defender in mind as well as this Hyperion case, and also this Spigen case.

As for the screen protector, I don't even know where to start. I've seen films and then I've seen tempered glass. :cool:

Thoughts on a case and screen protector anyone?
Maybe you've used the cases I mentioned and don't like 'em?

what mr spock says x2.....i probably go through 2 phones a year(crushes) and then probably 10 good saves for each of those with my otterbox..

If you want to make your phone large but want bulletproof protection, definitely Otterbox. Me, I prefer slight protection but still keeping the phone a reasonable size.

For screen protection, my wife & I both have Tech Armor ballistic glass, and they are great. You can't tell the difference between it and the screen itself, and it affords good screen protection. The case I went with was a SupCase Unicorn Beetle. Totally weird name, good case.

I actually wrote reviews of both with photos: screen protector, case.

what mr spock says x2.....i probably go through 2 phones a year(crushes) and then probably 10 good saves for each of those with my otterbox..

If you want to make your phone large but want bulletproof protection, definitely Otterbox. Me, I prefer slight protection but still keeping the phone a reasonable size.

For screen protection, my wife & I both have Tech Armor ballistic glass, and they are great. You can't tell the difference between it and the screen itself, and it affords good screen protection. The case I went with was a SupCase Unicorn Beetle. Totally weird name, good case.

I actually wrote reviews of both with photos: screen protector, case.

I've never had a phone as expensive as this so Otterbox it is. :)
I was looking at a similar glass protection hokie, so I like hearing from an owner on how well it does.

I'll probably order it all up tonight or tomorrow then thanks guys! :D

EDIT: Had to go with this glass protector as the one you reviewed hokie, wasn't available in amazon.ca.. :-/
Should be good though.

Last edited:
tempered glass screen protectors are the best.
i hate regular screen protectors, but i dont even notice the glass screen protector.
have to buy myself a new one, as my last one shattered on the weekend, but i definitely think it saved my phone.

tempered glass screen protectors are the best.
i hate regular screen protectors, but i dont even notice the glass screen protector.
have to buy myself a new one, as my last one shattered on the weekend, but i definitely think it saved my phone.

Did the phone land on it's side or face?

phone landed on its face.
screen protector ended up with a huge bit(5mmx35mm or so, i'll take a picture of it tomorrow and upload) of shattered glass falling out in the middle, and the glass in about 40 different pieces. luckily it still pulled off in 1 piece.

I've never had a phone as expensive as this so Otterbox it is. :)
I was looking at a similar glass protection hokie, so I like hearing from an owner on how well it does.

I'll probably order it all up tonight or tomorrow then thanks guys! :D

EDIT: Had to go with this glass protector as the one you reviewed hokie, wasn't available in amazon.ca.. :-/
Should be good though.

That one should be fine. The important part is that it's glass. All others simply don't compare after you've used glass.

I had an Otterbox commuter for my old phone (Galaxy S3) and it was very nice. If it weren't for the size, I'd probably have gotten one again. They're superb cases.

Here's what happened to to the screen protector that was on. I figure it saved the screen.

Attachments

• 1439910897495.jpg
    1439910897495.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
Back