• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump PWM Control Asus Z170 AR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PerfectRazor

Registered
Good Afternoon everyone,

I've got my loop all set up finally, but having some trouble controlling pump speed. I have the pwm header for my MCP50x hooked to the water pump header, and it just runs the pump at 100% all the time. I've checked everywhere I could think of in the bios, and there's plenty of places to set up speed for all of the fan headers, but none of them apply to the water pump header. There are some places I can see the current pump speed in the bios fine, it's at ~4000, probably doubled because of the way its reads the rpm. I want to dial my pump down so it doesn't make such a racket, I've got a small low restriction loop, I dont need to empty the amazon through my rads every five minutes.

Anyone know how to control this?

If Z170 AR is the same as my 170-A if you look on the Monitor tab down at the bottom is Q-Fan setup or configuration. Click that, scroll to the bottom, Pump Control is disabled by default. Turn it on then right below it you will now see pump temp and workload thresholds.

Now the problem I have is that no matter how I set those numbers, the speed of my EK DDC pwm pump does not change! I also want to lower it from Max but... No luck!

Back