• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions for more fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some info on what components you are running and if you are ocing , etc would be helpful. What temps are you seeing on the gpu? Assuming your cpu is doing ok as I see you have a 240mm? radiator dressing in fresh air.

What fans do you have now? Two in push on that radiator and just the rear exhaust or are there others? Can't see if you have any top exhaust.

The pictures are not terribly helpful... I, like tachi, are assuming you have one rear exhaust and the two fans in front of the radiator, correct?

If temps are ok, I wouldn't worry about it... but if there is room up top for another fan, might as well.

Hi guys! Sorry for the lack of info.
Yes, i have 2 fans for fresh air for the radiator, and one exhasust.
I just ordered 3 noctura fans. I am thinking about using it in a push pull configuration for the radiator, and putting the other noctura fan as an exhaust.

Do you guys think its better if i mount my radiator at the top of the case? or is the front okay?

MY current setup is:
CPU: i7-4790k no OC
GPU:GTX 960 4gb
Motherboard: MSI z97 Gaming 5
16gb Ram

As we said, the front as intake is fine. It really won't make a terrible amount of difference in your (read: many) case.

What noctua fans did you buy and what fans do you have now?

My gut tells me the noctua fans are going to be significantly better than whatever you are currently using. I would put the two new fans as push and use the ones you currently have as the pull fans for that radiator.

Your gut was correct!
These are my nocturna's.

NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM x2
NF-A14 FLX x1.

The current fans i have are the fans that came with the fractal R5 case GP140 Exhaust, and the fans on the radiator are the fans that came with the NZXT X61.

My gut tells me the noctua fans are going to be significantly better than whatever you are currently using. I would put the two new fans as push and use the ones you currently have as the pull fans for that radiator.

I would suggest putting a Noctua in push and another Noctua in pull, and then an NZXT in push and the other NZXT in pull. Rather than using both Noctuas in push and both NZXTs in pull.

NOCT [RAD] NOCT
NZXT [RAD] NZXT

rather than:

NOCT [RAD] NZXT
NOCT [RAD] NZXT

I don´t know... gut feeling. Maybe if you mix fans the worse one will cripple the efficiency of the better one? :shrug:

Back