• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED praying it aint so......had a leak and now pci-e issues it seems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well just an update- looks like I'll be buying a new board....same issue still and now my sound keeps going out too...like a pop then no sound....I'll see if I can get the old board RMA'd(thanks Mr Scott!) its actually still under warranty according to asus.
Now debating on another sabertooth or going crosshair v.

If you're not a bencher, there's no point in the extra dough for a CH board.

If you're not a bencher, there's no point in the extra dough for a CH board.

I here that man, money is money....not a bencher but I do like to push it for gaming. I was so holding out for the zen and not really wanting to be forced into spending more on this setup and it happened so just looking at my options. I like knobs.

The difference in gaming from say a Sabertooth, to a CH board, is non existent. There is no difference. Save the money. ;)

The difference in gaming from say a Sabertooth, to a CH board, is non existent. There is no difference. Save the money. ;)

He's right I have both and the only differences are really meant for going extreme. The dials go a bit further in some places but really the Sabertooth is more than capable of running an FX 8 core at 5.0+ 24/7

He's right I have both and the only differences are really meant for going extreme. The dials go a bit further in some places but really the Sabertooth is more than capable of running an FX 8 core at 5.0+ 24/7

Thanks man, Yeah I'm gonna stick with what I have and pick up another sabertooth

Can't beat the 5yr warranty on them either. Right about now I have 2 boards that I wish had 5yr warranties. Ha ha

Probably not reinstall but you may have to do a call in re-activation

Probably not reinstall but you may have to do a call in re-activation

Thanks for the heads up man, I was hoping not...but ya never know....anyway what I did find a little strange, when I did the clean install, using the media creation tool, it went through it all and when asked for my license number it didnt let me type anything in, I just proceeded on and when win 10 finally came up I looked in system info and it already had the license number there, so must have imported or carried over by itself however that s**t is done.
From everything I read everyone said they had to enter their license number and I never did. is that odd?

NO it's not odd, I assume you did the upgrade prior to the clean install. When the upgrade is done your HW is stored in the M$cloud and permanently linked to a Win10 installation. That's why I say when you change boards M$ will know and invalidate your installation. You may be able to get away with just the code but if not it's usually pretty easy to straighten out over the phone.

NO it's not odd, I assume you did the upgrade prior to the clean install. When the upgrade is done your HW is stored in the M$cloud and permanently linked to a Win10 installation. That's why I say when you change boards M$ will know and invalidate your installation. You may be able to get away with just the code but if not it's usually pretty easy to straighten out over the phone.

Thanks man !!

Not so new been on OEM intsallations for years, just broader and more rigidly enforced now.

Honestly cant complain.....my gaming rig started life as a HP desktop 3 mobo's ago....never had any isue getting the license validated....did have to do the phone in thing once before but was really painless...told them I had to swap the mobo and it was a done deal.

Go back to first post edit advanced should be available in the prefix drop down

Back