• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

15.7 ghz on FX-9590 black ... during turbo core boost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stevendblanshan

Registered
opinions? this is legit! and repeatable...
FX-9590 4.7 GHZ to 15.7 GHZ
GIGABYTE 990 FXA UD5 R5
16 GB DDR3 HYPER X FURY 1866
EVO 12 AIR COOLER
11 FANS
RADEON HD 7870 OC CROSSFIRE
RAID 0 SSD ARRAY PLUS 2 TB HDD
:drool::drool::drool:
Screenshot_2015-11-11-08-50-21.png

- - - Updated - - -

15713.56 MHZ

- - - Updated - - -

200 X 78.5

When not turbo boosting, its 4.7 ghz ...

- - - Updated - - -

has to be, but it started boosting to 6, the 7 then 15 ... its because I set the turbo core from 5000 MHz to auto, now its hitting 15 for a few seconds at a time... then again ?
Not even on cold that could happen. Must be a fluke of some kind with that easytune. Nice try tho :rofl:

These guys are right. That'll never happen. They still haven't broke the 9GHz wall let alone 15GHZ. Just something wrong with the software. Open CPUz and you'll see it's not going to touch that speed. Could be a bios update needed or chipset conflict with something else. Do you have any other monitorig software installed. It can do that sometimes

Sometimes data is not read correctly. I had a simmilar issue on my Athlon when i was using OpenHardwareMonitor around 0,5beta version. Then they fixed it. Anyway, try to update this application and of course try to check this frequency on a different program as CPU-Z or HWMonitor etc. I was sometimes geting 5Ghz on Athlon II x2 250 NOT BE so... :D It was funny. If You want i can upload some screens of it, when i will find them :D

Regards,
Leito.

Yeah, I got a brief hiccup in readings on a 3770k and was able to upload a screeny here, somewhere, showing 11.2 GHz. Software? Brief, instantaneous power surge? Who knows, but it's not a repeatable event.

Yeah, I got a brief hiccup in readings on a 3770k and was able to upload a screeny here, somewhere, showing 11.2 GHz. Software? Brief, instantaneous power surge? Who knows, but it's not a repeatable event.

run windows performance index ;) that's when it started doing it...

if we even thought that was real this would have been an auction thread from post#2

run windows performance index ;) that's when it started doing it...

ran windows index again... got 42 GHZ ... just for an instant it said my multiplier was 211 x 200
it does it EVERY time I run windows experience index...

It never happened until I changed the bios settings to unlocked and turbo core multiplier from 25 to auto now its hitting 6, 7 9 15 and 42 GHZ, I don't expect its actually at 42 or 15, but the easytune software came with my mobo and its made by Gigabyte... so its for this mobo, and it does not say 5,000 MHz any more, instead it gives me anywhere from 6000 to 42000 MHz ... maybe a glitch, but no BSOD yet!

It never happened until I changed the bios settings to unlocked and turbo core multiplier from 25 to auto now its hitting 6, 7 9 15 and 42 GHZ, I don't expect its actually at 42 or 15, but the easytune software came with my mobo and its made by Gigabyte

Enough said ....... made by gigabyte .......... Sorry SP .......:chair:

Thinking that is legit and real is like thinking your average 3.0 liter car is doing 500 mph on the highway just because your speedo says so.. That software is so messed up it shows the 9590 as a Zambezi core cpu.

Last edited:
Easy tune = terrible. Even AOD is better and that is not a good thing...

AMD overdrive is how I get clocks over 7ghz, nothing wrong with that program. Also the memory tweaks tab is outstanding offering timings that aren't adjustable in many motherboards and bioses.

For an average user however, bios should be the only way to go for daily clocks, but for benchers, AOD can sometimes if not often times come in great handies.

Back