• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD A6-3400M Overclocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Intel laptops run into the 80s fine, but even if you want to set a baseline of for example 80, means you still have a lot of headroom to play.

Heh..The thing is, its an HP with an AMD processor and graphics card.

mmmrh..Regardless though, I still need to figure out how to even get it up to 1.6ghz with the newly provided tools seeing as how Overdrive wont let me go above 1.5.

Please post a screen shot of cpu-z for the cpu tab and graphics tab. And what bios settings are available to you if any ?

Here is a list you can use to make your cpu and gpu overclock

Would suggest - new thermal paste & bios update !!

Download This Stuff

1. HW Monitor - use it to watch temps and keep track of lots of details

2. Amd Overdrive Utility - Cpu, Mem, Voltages, etc....

3. MSI Afterburner - GPU

4. K10STAT - Overclock past Overdrives willingness :D

Fire up K10STAT and change the b0 (top option) to higher multi.

you should top out around 3ghz if your temps allow. also your gpu should top out 500, and varies for memory timings of course.. just a rough estimate.

**** If you use K10Stat do not adjust anything but voltages and memory through AMD OverDrive Utility *******

just to be fair :D you can use Fusion Tweaker program in place of K10STAT. And any other temp monitor if you wish .. like core temp .. just long as you watch them !!

Last edited:
attachments aren't working ...may be my fault for requesting as some rules may have changed for posting pics/attachments ..

anyways have you had any luck getting your speeds up ?

Back