• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My system is not starting and my psu is making a sucking noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

praj

Registered
So I Didn't Know Which subfourm to post this .
Mt system is making is not starting , so once u off the power and start it it turns to on but the monitor don't start and after 2-3 s it suddenly turns off , then it won't turn on until I off the power wait for 5 s then on power and even then it keeps repeating .also when I turn it on the psu makes a sucking sound not tye fan sound before turning off I tested the psu by shorting the green an dc black it worked fine I will get a multimeter soon .so do u guys n know how to solve this problem
Thanks

Unplug the system then remove the CMOS battery and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
After that, put it back in and try to boot.

Sorry for the late reply , I did what u told there was no change, my system still didn't start

3 year old 400 w circle model CPH694 IT HAS A 3 YEAR WARRANTY LOL ,I slow Checked all the connection one time .

With that psu, I'd be willing to bet it's dead. Look inside and you will more then likely see ruptured/leaking capacitors. I'll leave suggestions on what you can get for your budget to replace it to others here, but I can say for sure, don't get another Circle brand psu.

What a the hell guys I the system was given to me, and when I asked before about the psu I was thinking of upgrading to a 500 w or more and buying a new card but that didn't happened.
And of course don't fix wants not broken, cold it be a motherboard prob

We told you to fix it ll (buy a new, quality psu) because it will break. It lokely broke... or maybe caused the motherboard to break.

The only way to test it is to swap out power supply.

thanks guys the power supply was the problem i fixed it bought Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU
:)

What a the hell guys I the system was given to me, and when I asked before about the psu I was thinking of upgrading to a 500 w or more and buying a new card but that didn't happened.
And of course don't fix wants not broken, cold it be a motherboard prob

thanks guys the power supply was the problem i fixed it bought Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU
:)
praj just to make a point. I read the previous thread you had where you were suggested to replace the Psu as well as this one. The reason why people here will suggest/insist on replacing a low quality Psu, is because if they go they can sometimes take out the rest of the system with it. They can also start fires and burn down more then the Pc. Even when someone is on a budget replacing a crappy Psu is a good idea. Reason being is it is a lot less expensive to replace a Psu then the whole setup, if it did take out the system when it goes. It's a good thing that yours did not damage anything else and I'm glad you replaced it with something decent.

+1
First system I built had a crappy psu. When the 3rd replacement died, it took the board with it. (less than a year)
Lots of smoke, and popped the breaker in the house. Now I'll only buy quality ones. If the budget is tight, a quality used one works.

I look at as an investment, quality ones may last for 3 or more builds.

+1
First system I built had a crappy psu. When the 3rd replacement died, it took the board with it. (less than a year)
Lots of smoke, and popped the breaker in the house. Now I'll only buy quality ones. If the budget is tight, a quality used one works.

I look at as an investment, quality ones may last for 3 or more builds.

Especially in the case of these new EVGA units with a 10 year warranty!

Yeha i agree fully with the lads here.

Icannot understand people whom use no-name brand psu's and ecpext the system work for a while..... Cheap psu's are like purchasing cheap toilet rolls..... it might be exp-ensive and very long--------but your finger still goes through!

Back