• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Novice Nimble #6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lochekey

Senior Pink Member
The results for the Novice Nimble #6 have been officially announced. I am happy to report that we have been able to finish up in 5th place which is not to bad for our late start and first try at this. Please see the below link for the results article on HWBOT. I have updated the final scores for each stage below as well. Big thanks go out to SwartHack and LRG5 for competing with me, I look forward to competing with everyone again in the Novice Nimble #7.

Thanks
-Lochekey

HWBOT article - http://oc-esports.io/#!/article/3341/overclock.net_retain_novice_nimble_crown_in_round_6

Link to competition overview page.
http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/novice_nimble_6

Link to Rule Page
http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/novice_nimble_6/rules

Final Team Rank - 5th place

Stage #1 - Cinebench R11.5(Intel) http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/novice_nimble_6/2599/cinebench_r11.5_(intel)

Rank - 6th place
LRG5 - I7-4790K - 10.65 points
SwartHack - g3258 - 3.76 points

Stage #2 - GeekBench Single Core(AMD) http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/novice_nimble_6/2600/geekbench3_single_core_(amd)

Rank - 3rd place
SwartHack - Sempron 1250 - 1221 points
LRG5 - fx9590 - 2712 points
Lochekey - sempron 140 - 1363 points

Stage #3 - Memory Clock http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/novice_nimble_6/2601/memory_clock

Rank - 5th place
Lochekey - DDR3 - 1332 mhz
SwartHack - DDR2 - 442.6 mhz

Stage #4 - 3D Mark IceStorm(Nvidia) http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/novice_nimble_6/2602/3dmark_ice_storm_(nvidia)

Rank - 6th place

Lochekey - GTX960 - 211,894 marks

Stage #5 - 3D Mark Vantage(AMD) http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/novice_nimble_6/2603/3dmark_vantage_(amd)

Rank - 15th place
SwartHack - R7 360 - 22,250 Mark's

Last edited:
Please list you hardware available in the following Format

Lochekey

Stage#1 -
I5-4690K, G3258, I7-860, I3-530

Stage#2 -
None

Stage #3 -
DDR3, DDR2?

Stage #4 -
GTX 960, GT740

Stage #5 -
None

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't think they mixed up the NN like that. Tough to compete for a beginner without access to HW

Wow, I didn't think they mixed up the NN like that. Tough to compete for a beginner without access to HW

It also takes a minimum of 3 people as they average your 3 top scores in each round.

Ahh I see they've set it up kind of like the Country Cup then. Such a pain in the arse it is. Know how hard it is to find 10 overclockers in canada

Ahh I see they've set it up kind of like the Country Cup then. Such a pain in the arse it is. Know how hard it is to find 10 overclockers in canada

About as hard as finding 10 females to overclock on a team.;)

You could try contacting these guys haven't seen them around much lately
OGMCville is still a novice
bbaxter18
Garnerl52 can't remember his handle in the forum but it is different.
Swarthack

Thanks for that Johan, I will have to send some pm's. I see that NZKshatriya also it's now in the novice league.

Sleeping Giants

"SNNAAAARRFFLEE", spit sputter, "RAARRRGH", stretch....
GIRFINUFF, Huzah... Whaaaaa?!? suprise/confusion.

So, yeah! Heya! Thanks for the PM Lochekey!

First things first, how do I use the dang subscriptions right? I read hokie's sticky on it, but still seem incapable of finguring it out!?
I am subscribed to forums, but do not seem to understand how to review, or even identify new threads and/or posts.
All I get are notifications to threads I either start or participate in?!
If I look at the settings page it does show the subscribed forums, but how do I review the new content only?
All pointers are appreciated as I am slowly taking more interest in other than my self-centered activities
:D

Haven't heard much from OG, TuKr(bbaxter) or Acce55 lately.
We had a google hangout for sometime but I haven't seen activity for sometime.

I think OG broke his ankle trying to walk and use his inhaler at the same time.

TuKr? dunno, probably watching himself on his projector and hasn't been out of the house or showered for weeks...

Ace I am pretty sure has disapeared, intentionaly, somewhere in the high Andes of Peru.
Last I knew he was basterdizing the Queen by spending his hard earned shillings in American MicroMarts.
And was proceeding to Macchu Pichu.
He did encounter bandits and maurarders, but was not abducted, murdered, robbed or even raped!
He joined them and exact whereabouts are unknown...

So, yeah! The NNs seem a little much and therefore have not pursued them much.
I know there was some discussion amoung OG and TuKr sometime ago.

Will follow up with what I got to do what.

Cheers

Well I'm sure there is a better way but I just click on my username in the upper right corner and then go to the subscription tab and it has all of the new posts in the subscribed threads.

As far as the NN goes it will take some organization to be competitive but once we get our feet wet I think we can get the hang of it pretty easily.

err, yeah, no diff on the subscriptions. Just get updates from threads I either started or participated in. No subscribed forums ever show activity?!?
I'll pass along to the proper forum moderator for help...

So yeah, obviously will take some organization. That seems to be the biggest factor.
I was hoping to get into NN once my z170 build was finished, but still a work in progress....
I believe I still have sufficient Novice time. Isn't it like 9 months or something after Rookie?
So we can try to throw a few scores at this round, get our feet wet and gear up for the next one.
I assume they will crank up a new NN soon after this one finishes??!!

So here is what I got to offer.
-Can run the Bianch (see sig) with i7 or G3258, and the GTX 960.

Spoiler Alert
If you are anxiously awaiting the continuation of:
Please do not continue.
Although the editors have received copy, the children are still not back from the Faraday's yet.

So yeah, the WhiteElephant rig is close to benching. I have resolved the issues with the mobo
and actually figured out how to get Win7x64 running with all the correct server architecture drivers!!!
So I currently have XP64 and win764 running.
I also switch out the GTX750 for a R7 360.

I need to get the side panel and front cover done, so I can seal it up and get the proper airflow before I crank up the FSB.
I can probably get this done by the weekend.

Also, real funny story, saved for the kids. But in short I panicked during the process of trying to fix/resolve my issues in:

and ordered a replacement board. Which range anywhere from 50$ in Futian Free Trade Zone District, to $500 domestically.
Well, when my replacement arrived, it appears whomever was testing the boards left me a gift in the form of a:

Sempron le 1250

Nice gift from the Chinese. I assume this could come in handy for the single-core bench.

Let me get some work done, and think about who does what with what.

If we can get OG, TuKr and/or Acce55 involved we should be able to kick some ***.
I believe they are all novices. But also big wankers. So be forewarned.

Tots Zien

So I tried to organize the original post with who is doing what in each category. (I know it isn't complicated with just 2 of us so far but I am prepping for more people hopefully)

SwartHack- I listed you for your I7 in Stage 1 and the sempy in Stage #2. I see that you have some DDR2 so I listed you with that in stage #3 with me doing the DDR3, If you are not ready to submit with the DDR2 and can put a better submission in with the DDR3 (My best so far is just over 2600) let me know. For stage #4 I show you with either your 970 or 750, once again if you would rather use the 960 instead let me know and I can put a submission in with my 740. AS far as stage #5 goes I have no AMD cards so feel free to run with whatever there.

The biggest thing with this comp is that any score is better than a zero as they total the top 3 scores and divide by 3 so a stock submission is better than a zero so feel free to put in a submission at stock if you don't want to overclock something.

Let me know your thoughts and I will update the first post as necessary, please don't feel obligated to submit with everything I signed you up for I am just trying to keep things organized.

Couple Questions

Can you do GeekBench offline? I can save a .gb3 file, but do not see a way to verify at the gb dashboard?!

And DDR2? Isn't it basically all the same? Can I clock my DDR2 and if so how?

Also, I can't seem to get a core temp. I fired up SpeedFan and it shows the core temp at -49 C.
It does show correct GPU and drive temps.
I also only get the Gcard Fan and it shows 0 rpm, although I can control it.
I have used speedfan before, in the AMD controller it only has the "Offset" option.
Interestingly, in the bios I can see both cpu and system fan speeds?!
I'd really like to be able to monitor my core temp, any ideas?

Thanks!

Cheers

I know you can do the paid version of GB offline. I never tried with the free version. I will give it a try later and let you know.

For the stage 3 portion they are looking for 3 different types of memory such as ddr2, ddr3, or ddr4. I don't know if you can our cannot overclock the ddr2 on that board but a stock entry is better than a zero. I will do some research on that board and let you know if I find anything.

I have very little experience with speedfan, I use hwinfo64 to monitor my system. I lie hwinfo because it is petty light weight and it gives me all the info I want.

Yeah, I went ahead and paid the $10 for GB.
You can save as. There is an export option, haven't tried that yet.
I'm not breaking any records here, so if it remains an issue, I can just enable my NIC and required drivers.

Don't break a sweat looking into the DDR2 and the ML115 board. I know there is nothing in the bios.
I'l play around with it a bit a see what I can do.

I'll try hwinfo64.

Eskerrikasko!

Its a start, DDR2 and GPU Overclocking

hwinfo64 is nice, reads everything.

I finally got a submission with the sempy.
http://hwbot.org/submission/3082705_swarthack_geekbench3___single_core_sempron_le_1250_1221_points

I wasn't pushing too hard, so I know I can do better, and I still have .5v left.

On the DDR2 stuff. It appears there are three SPD profiles with the highest at 400mhz.
Seems if I push the fsb it also pushes the DDR2 freq as well. 456 so far.
No submission yet.

On the R7360, and for any 3D bench/card for that matter...
Do you have to, or should you OC your cpu???
How much does the cpu actually affect 3D benchmarks?

I know we have a ton of resource on this in the gCard forums and I will look into it before getting to the GTX cards.
And will more likely have many more questions, as I have never done any 3D bench submissions
except to totally zone out while watching them.

Salud

I'm glad hwinfo works for you, as I said it is my go to program.

I find that the cpu speed will affect the 3d benchmarks because the cpu is used to duo the physics calculations. The gpu driver version can also have a decent affect on scores.

Back