• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TEAM CUP 2017

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You're a machine dude!!!

Hoping for a cold test run this week with the 4790k. If all goes well, will aim for decent subs for the 2 relevant benches.

Do you have any other chip, if not I do I can run a different chip.

Me and my bad timing, I just loaded up my 775 system with my E8500 yesterday.

Was going to go for my fastest chip since no one else had submitted, I can't beat your 19.690s though. Maybe around 22-23s if I'm lucky at 4.4-4.5GHz.

jiccman1965 / HD 4890 / 20143

Not the best card could not adjust voltage, if anyone has any ideals.

3DMark06 HD 4000 (3 GPUs) ---
snaphsot0028.png

I have my E8400 as well, can try that one after I finish benching the E8500 as I've never benched this chip before.

Actually managed a faster time than I thought I would and got around 21.5s.

SC1;Stage 4 - GPUPI for CPU 1B Ryzen (3 CPUs)---Johan45/ 1700X/ 2m 55.563

2m 55.563.JPG

Me and my bad timing, I just loaded up my 775 system with my E8500 yesterday.

Was going to go for my fastest chip since no one else had submitted, I can't beat your 19.690s though. Maybe around 22-23s if I'm lucky at 4.4-4.5GHz.

I have my E8400 as well, can try that one after I finish benching the E8500 as I've never benched this chip before.

Actually managed a faster time than I thought I would and got around 21.5s.

Hey guys the only decent chip I have for this is an 8400 if that conflicts then I can do a QX 6850 I might set up an e7400 and see how I can make it dance

Hey guys the only decent chip I have for this is an 8400 if that conflicts then I can do a QX 6850 I might set up an e7400 and see how I can make it dance
Won't be a problem, I threw my E7500 at it after I saw your post.

It can't clock as high as my E8500 or E8400, and needs a lot more voltage, but it's a third score.

Wouldn't you know I've got three of these E7500's and every freaking one I've tried hits a wall at 4.2GHz with similar voltage and has the same VID. Probably owned four or five of them, and I think they all had the same VID, how is that even possible (let alone likely)?

If you can manage anything better than water cooling (which I'm assuming you can), you'll likely beat the heck out of my 4.4GHz E8400 anyway (21-23s).

SC3: Stage 3 - PiFast LGA775 (3 CPUs) --- Tech Tweaker/E7500/23.71s (beat my old best, yay)

Last edited:
I did throw the 7400 in last night and first shot hit 22s but had no time. I wasted it all trouble shooting the REX. Turns out after 2 cpus and a different GFX card it was all on me. I forgot to attach the 8 pin power cable. :facepalm:

SC2: Stage 5 - 3DMark06 HD 4000 (3 GPUs) --- Tech Tweaker/HD 4870/20144

I did throw the 7400 in last night and first shot hit 22s but had no time. I wasted it all trouble shooting the REX. Turns out after 2 cpus and a different GFX card it was all on me. I forgot to attach the 8 pin power cable. :facepalm:

Yep, done that before too.

Why isn't this POST'ing?... Oh, it's this cable I forgot to plug in...:facepalm:

Last edited:
OK I have this on the e7400, 19.78s but it's out of gas for my loop any way so whatever we find works best. I'll likely try the 8400 maybe tomorrow

19.78.JPG

Awesome Shawn!

Going to try the 4790k cold this Sunday. Will then see if I can fill any gaps....thinking 939 and 775. Will also see if I've got a hd4xxx card that isn't already done.

Also...a huge thank you to our TC benching machines jiccman and TT!!!

Last edited:
Tried a different 7400 and shaved off a whole 3 tenths of a second ha ha. I'll hold off on subbing till we figure out who's doing what

Hey guys. Been a while since I have been around. I may have a little time for the next week or two. Is the first post current? I probably wont have time for Ln2 or dry ice, but I may have time to do a SS or a water loop if there is something that is really needed. Or I may be able to dig through the hoard and loan something out if there is need. I will take a quick inventory and see if I may have something useful.

SC3: Stage 4 - Memory Frequency (4 MEMs)---- Tech Tweaker/DDR/367.8MHz (new personal best)

I assume someone could theoretically improve the DDR3 score, but would probably have to move to an LGA1150 system to do it, as I know LGA1155 has its limitations (and that's what jiccman was on when he submitted it).

Tried a different 7400 and shaved off a whole 3 tenths of a second ha ha. I'll hold off on subbing till we figure out who's doing what
Well, I already ran my E7500 (23.71s). If you can get a decent time on your E7400 though, I could run my E8400 and get probably a 2s faster time than my current best on the E7500.

What are you cooling your E7400 with (water or sub-zero)?

Hey guys. Been a while since I have been around. I may have a little time for the next week or two. Is the first post current? I probably wont have time for Ln2 or dry ice, but I may have time to do a SS or a water loop if there is something that is really needed. Or I may be able to dig through the hoard and loan something out if there is need. I will take a quick inventory and see if I may have something useful.

Unfortunately no, the first post needs to be updated in some areas. Recent subs haven't been added yet.

Last edited:
Very cool thank you for helping out.

Get in there and take down some of those OCN scores. :D

Whatever you can manage would be great Superbg, I think the OP is mostly up to date. Haven't added the pifast subs yet but...

SC3: Stage 4 - Memory Frequency (4 MEMs)---- Tech Tweaker/DDR/367.8MHz (new personal best)

I assume someone could theoretically improve the DDR3 score, but would probably have to move to an LGA1150 system to do it, as I know LGA1155 has its limitations (and that's what jiccman was on when he submitted it).

Well, I already ran my E7500 (23.71s). If you can get a decent time on your E7400 though, I could run my E8400 and get probably a 2s faster time than my current best on the E7500.

Unfortunately no, the first post needs to be updated in several areas. Recent subs haven't been added yet.
Let me know if I'm missing something TT
Go ahead with the 8400 see what you can muster

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever you can manage would be great Superbg, I think the OP is mostly up to date. Haven't added the pifast subs yet but...

Unfortunately no, the first post needs to be updated in several areas. Recent subs haven't been added yet.
Let me know if I'm missing something TT
Go ahead with the 8400 see what you can muster

SC1: Stage 2 - SuperPI 32M 5GHz LGA1155 (3 CPUs) --- Tech Tweaker/Core i5 2500K/7min 20sec 40ms
SC2: Stage 5 - 3DMark06 HD 4000 (3 GPUs) --- Tech Tweaker/HD 4870/20144
and the 775 PiFast sub, but that one can probably be ignored for now as I will likely beat it with my E8400.

Those are the only ones I'm aware of at the moment from me that aren't up to date on the rankings chart.

Back