• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest Parallel Hammer Fail - Z170 + 6700K + F4-3000C15D-16GTZB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaans

Registered
Hi everyone,

Just got a pair of TridentZ's (F4-3000C15D-16GTZB) to replace Corsair Dominator's, mainly because I had problems with them on my other system (2 systems)

The 1 CPU tests went OK, no issues/errors, 2 full runs

Then switched to Parallel CPU's, hammer test reported warnings on each loop:
[Note] RAM may be vulnerable to high frequency row hammer bit flips.

Tested the second system with Parallel CPU's, 3 loops, one warning + one actual error (instead of a warning each loop, all test 13)

Motherboard is MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC

Can anyone else test memtest86 6.2.0's Hammer Test with "Parallel CPU's" for 3-4 loops on a Z170 platform?
Preferably with an MSI Z170 motherboard, since they seem to share most their issues

(This happens with no XMP by the way, at 2133mhz)

Hammer test in Memtest is flawed. Almost always has errors on any memory, in any platform. Ignore it.

I like using HCI Memtest... http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

For an i7-6700K open up 8 instances of MemTest, then check in Task manger for available memory and divide by 8. I like to run ~ 92%/96% memory usage... Test ~ 4 passes/400%.

MemTest snip.PNG

I'm testing mainly in AIDA64. Latest version ( updates are quite often ) is loading memory in 95%+ and is finding errors quick.

HCI is good but it makes me to play with many windows what I don't like ;) ... and free version is limited to 2GB what with 32GB kits make me to set too many windows and if anything crashes then I have to set all again, and again ...

Here is 32GB ( 4x8GB ) DDR4-3200@3600 on ASUS M8 Hero after 2h AIDA64:
attachment.jpg

I'm not using Memtest86/86+ on any new platforms as it's often showing errors regardless how I set memory. It's also not working on all motherboards or is crashing in random places.

Thanks for the info and awesome suggestions, in that case I will stop worrying about edge memtest results too

Will check HCI memtest, thanks for the suggestion

I also want AIDA64 but have 2 systems and $39/year is such a turn off, wish they made it a one time payment instead - I assume most people use the torrent versions but don't want to do that either

I guess I should download and test the trial version first

Is there any single-score-ish benchmark to test both the CPU and memory improvements, I've been using Cinebench, but it doesn't seem to scale much with memory performance

Back