• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 900D Custom Build 6700K with OC stable @ 4.7

• Thread starter Deleted member 117404
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok will do that, anyway still dont get it why we de-select the cpu, cause were testing the cpu :p

FPU and cache ARE part of the CPU. It just tests it in different ways when those are the only two things selected.

I still find this strange,

im stresstesting for 2:10 hours now and temps are only 26 degrees...
any help or explanation? also core speed is 4687 instead of nice 4.7 and voltage is static in bios 1.380, cpu z shows me 1.392 and after on hour it was 1.376.. which one is the correct value..

View attachment 178615

Any reason system memory is checked??

Note also that your MAXIMUM temps were in the mid 60s...also that the test isn't running anymore as your cpu uses is 0-3%.

Your speed being off is normal... small voltage fluctuations are normal.

Any reason system memory is checked??

Note also that your MAXIMUM temps were in the mid 60s...also that the test isn't running anymore as your cpu uses is 0-3%.

Your speed being off is normal... small voltage fluctuations are normal.

Hereby a new picture. Memtest was not on purpose. Somehow the bus speed is not 100. It jumps back and forward from 99.7 / 99.8

View attachment 178616

ok so now im finding the lowest voltage in bios? downing in steps with what amount? 0.5 or even less

If i understand correctly, if voltage fluctates, bus speed is combined with voltage, and will go little and more?
and also how long is a good first test 1 hour or more? i think last test should be something like 8 hours?

That is the name of the game... find the lowest voltage that you are stable at a given clock.

As far as initial tests... 5-10 mins.

If you dropped .5, it wouldn't work. Try .025 or so.

ok thanks, but do you think we can go up to x48 with a bit more voltage? temps are fine.

also updated OP, better now?

Last edited by a moderator:
For that CPU, we state to keep under 90C and voltage under 1.4V. If you have the headroom, the choice is yours!

For that CPU, we state to keep under 90C and voltage under 1.4V. If you have the headroom, the choice is yours!

Back to AiSuite?

I think i will go back to AiSuite, reason? i get random 55 code on mb. This is cause memory doesnt get regonised. Anyway with AuSuite i will recieve same overclock as manual 47 x 100 on 1.4 V maybe a bit less. What do you think?
I like the Fan Expert thats why im considering going back to AiSuite...

;)

We tend to stay away from AISuite. It tends to be troublesome for some. Overclocking should really be done in the BIOS.

We tend to stay away from AISuite. It tends to be troublesome for some. Overclocking should really be done in the BIOS.

can you help me with my ram? When i use the xmp profile in bios i randomly get q-code 55 on my asus board, this regerd to no memory installed. I tried to manually upgrade voltage to 1.36 but still with no avai. How far can i go with this memory in voltage to try get it regonised each boot?

Corsair Vengeance LPX XMP 16GB DDR4-3000CL

1.2V or lower = Best for DDR4
1.35V = okay voltage for overclocking kits
1.5V =absolute max voltage allowed for Intel XMP 2.0 profiles and max suggested voltage

Read more at http://www.legitreviews.com/what-is...emory-overclocking_150115#pPBtxh4BFhgUZwI3.99

Set cpu to stock speeds, reboot to those stock spends and go to the the bios. Now set xmp amd see if it works.

Can you create a signature please listing a summary of your hardware?

Set cpu to stock speeds, reboot to those stock spends and go to the the bios. Now set xmp amd see if it works.

Tried this still qcode 55

Can you create a signature please listing a summary of your hardware?
i think signature will update on next post

I would try bumping up the system agent voltage a bit. VCCSA Just add a small offset to it and test.

I would try bumping up the system agent voltage a bit. VCCSA Just add a small offset to it and test.

i have no clue whith what amount i should do this

I reseated the CPU and MEM now is ok no more Q55 code.
I also decided to go to 4.6 intead of 4.7 on the cpu so i wont have to put 1.4 V in there.
I got 1.6 now running at 1.3

What do you guys think?
4.7Ghz @ 1.4V or
4.6Ghz @ 1.38V

Memor is on XMP 3000

Back