• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

m5a99fx pro r2.0 not allowing me to control fan speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Explosev

Hey everyone, as the title says no matter what software i use i cannot adjust my fan speeds in any way. They stay at the exact same speed regardless of what I do. Anyone have any insight on what is wrong or what I am doing wrong?

Are you trying to use windows based software or trying to control them in the BIOS?

A. Thats probably not the best fan you could put on a rad. B. You probably have to adjust the RPM's by adjusting the DC voltage(I don't know how or if it's even possible in your case). 7v looks like minimum operational voltage for those fans.

A. Thats probably not the best fan you could put on a rad. B. You probably have to adjust the RPM's by adjusting the DC voltage(I don't know how or if it's even possible in your case). 7v looks like minimum operational voltage for those fans.

its def not the best fans, but its what i have at the moment. Ok so they arent adjustable? they just run at one setting?

If they're plugged into the PSU, they'll be uncontrollable. ;)
What exactly are they plugged into? They're voltage controlled fans. You need a fan controller.

Back