• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Pricing Jumping around?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

I have been eyeing all of my components for my new build soon and watching for sales, the biggest one is the 5930k. This is the third time now that I navigated through the all products list and noticed the price jumping to $625.43! But when I go to my wish list where I have it saved it's shown at $579.99. Has anyone else noticed this? I was shocked to see it so expensive!!

Attachments

• 5930k.jpg
    5930k.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 78
Supply and demand man.

Lol, I know huh?! The price will stay there for about 15 minutes or so and then drop back down. Never noticed that before, but then again I've never really priced watched so closely either. I should have bought this chip before Christmas when I was $125.00 off! Even Microcenter is at $499.99 right now, I have to go to Boston next week so I will see if it drops by then.

dylskee,

When I was watching my "wish wists" for this new 6600K build last month I witnessed the
same and on the same day and hour. It was very evident on CPU's. I thought I was off
my rocker at first glance (no further comments on this please :rofl:).

Amazon was similar.

dylskee,

When I was watching my "wish wists" for this new 6600K build last month I witnessed the
same and on the same day and hour. It was very evident on CPU's. I thought I was off
my rocker at first glance (no further comments on this please :rofl:).

Amazon was similar.
Haha, very strange for sure! Like I said I wouldn't have noticed but I've been watching closely for a price drop, I was shocked to see an increase in price recently. Then it went back down, and up again! :shock: I will probably get it a microcenter the week after next, doesn't look like Newegg will go back down to $489. I noticed the 5820k is up as well.

I outsmarted myself on this 6600K CPU. It was $239 early December then up to $254.
I waited for it to go back to $239 and it never did so I ordered at $254 and was put on
back-order (~ a week). RAMs were the same, up and down, drove you crazy so after some
time I ignored the few dollars price changes and caught a few items cheaper very nicely
so it all balanced out.

It was still fun.

I usually don't wait for sale prices, but this was $469. just before Christmas so now I'm waiting for another price drop out of principal! :D
I'm going to water cool the cpu and that wasn't part of the original plan so now I'm looking to save some money for the H2O parts. I'll wait it out for another week or so and then regardless of price I'll just pull the trigger.

I have also noticed the prices going up and down you have to spend a lot of time looking for a good deal like my EVGA GTX 970 ssc I purchased it for $289.99

I have also noticed the prices going up and down you have to spend a lot of time looking for a good deal like my EVGA GTX 970 ssc I purchased it for $289.99
Wow, that is a good price! Yeah, I should have bought it right before Christmas when it was $125.00 off! I just took for granted it would be on sale after Christmas as well. That's okay, I have time to wait it out so I'm in no rush. Just impatient because I'm going to water cool again so I'm excited to get this build going!

I still cant believe the prices have not gone down on GTX 9XX Video cards after the holidays in the new year.

I still cant believe the prices have not gone down on GTX 9XX Video cards after the holidays in the new year.

I know, they have held their price for quite a long time now. I was actually going to get myself a GTX 980ti but I'm holding off for now so I can get back to water cooling. The cards can wait a while....

Back