• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX9590 unstable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I suggest we wait till the OP responds and go from there. My opinion is still that ram.

I don't do Facebook, You can attach pics right to your post directly from your PC. Just use the icons in the top of the reply box. Third from the right is for pics
:pics:

Dang Scotty. Don't make me break out the 5.6 and 5.7ghz benchmark pictures hahaz.

Aw F-it. Here's WPrime 1024m (the long run) at 4.7ghz. No where near 1.46v though lolz....

On liquid ;)

image_id_1509161.png

- - - Updated - - -

1.656v 5.7ghz on liquid. There's a large volt wall at 5.2ghz for sure.

OP has a lucky chip. SRY EDIT!! Aval0412 has a golden, sparkling, shining, diamond or what ever have you.

Can't wait to see pictures!!! (gonna be looking closely for photoshopping btw)

image_id_1357873.png

Last edited:
Aval0412 it's nice to see you trying to help but I have to comment on this. You do not need a minimum of 1000w Psu to run a Fx 9590 at stock clocks speed. Yes they do draw a lot of voltage but not 1000w, at stock clocks one could easily run one on a quality 650w Psu.

I totally agree.

I have:
990fxa-GD65v2.
650Watt PSU.
Coolermaster nepton 240M (Pull config - venting out through the top of the case).
2 x 8gb 1866 CL10 memory (Kingston Hyper X).
RX 480 8gb reference card.

My 9590 seems to run perfectly. Clocks up just fine to 5032 on all cores (max volts are 1.56). HWmonitor tells me that under prime 95 I don't draw above 95 Watts.
Also benchmarks appear as they should on Cinebench.
All seems to work perfectly well.

Last edited:
My 9590 seems to run perfectly. Clocks up just fine to 5032 on all cores (max volts are 1.56). HWmonitor tells me that under prime 95 I don't draw above 95 Watts.

That's pretty good considering that processor is 220w before you overclock it. :p

The only semi accurate way to see your draw is with a watt meter and see what it's pulling from the wall.

As soon as my new PSU and super-duper thermal past comes in I'm gonna try to hit 5.6 on water. Just has to stay stable enough to finish the test right?

I hope it has worked out for you. I have been using the 9590 since 2013. Happy customer for 3 years now :)

I should have expounded. Happy customer for 3 years with no hickups. I'm not much for overclocking and would willingly pay for a factory overclocked version, hence the 9590. Just wish they did one that actually ran 5Ghz stock with turbo @5.3Ghz... FX-9690? :D

Overclocking isn't too hard but this 9590 can be a real fussy chips. Depends on your luck really. I've pushed a lot of FX CPUs and have a couple of 9370s at home and never any problems like I have see people have with this one.

Overclocking isn't too hard but this 9590 can be a real fussy chips. Depends on your luck really. I've pushed a lot of FX CPUs and have a couple of 9370s at home and never any problems like I have see people have with this one.

What about you how is your experience overclocking the 9590? Were you able to get it stable @ 5Ghz?

What about you how is your experience overclocking the 9590? Were you able to get it stable @ 5Ghz?
I was. I can do 5 gig all day long, but it's not gonna happen on any pre-made cooling solution. Cooling will cost you as much as your board and CPU. At that point you have to decide if it's really worth it or not.

I was. I can do 5 gig all day long, but it's not gonna happen on any pre-made cooling solution. Cooling will cost you as much as your board and CPU. At that point you have to decide if it's really worth it or not.

For me I just wanted to go faster and eventually I ended up with a room full of hardware

You don't think either of these 360mm AIOs would do the trick?

Deepcool Gamer Storm Captain 360
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate
Fractal Design Kelvin S36
Swiftech H20-320 Edge HD
Cooler master Glacer 360L

Last edited:
Back