• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do all LED monitors look like this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

I have a stupid god knows what samsung syncMaster s23A560H plus (can't be found anywhere on the net) and it looks terrible, Everything is pixely even thought its 1080p, I have seen my friend's 1080p old monitor and it looks 10x better then mine! he told me that all LEDs look like this (clearly visible pixels). Is this true? because I was looking to buy a new monitor and throw this semi black-white monitor in trash but all I found were LEDs, IPS monitors sound too bad for gaming (4ms response time and etc)
the black bar between pixels looks too big on mine. :| and not a good looking monitor in general!

Its not the technology, but rather the monitor itself or a setting. IPS monitors are perfectly fine for gaming, speaking from experience.

Its not the technology, but rather the monitor itself or a setting. IPS monitors are perfectly fine for gaming, speaking from experience.

good to know! I think i shouldn't get a 2k~ (i know it's not 2k i forgot the exact resolution) and get a 1080p monitor like this one! (maybe I'll put this one vertically :D for code)

I have a 500$ budget although less would be much better, can i get a decent IPS monitor for gaming with this price? I can almost only buy BenQ and asus!

No idea what you can get in your country, but I paid $450 each for my 27" Dell Ultrasharp U2715H3 monitors.

No idea what you can get in your country, but I paid $450 each for my 27" Dell Ultrasharp U2715H3 monitors.

:eek:, thanks :) I'll try to figure out why those BenQ monitor have so much price difference with the same response time and resolution :D

Just one more question,
As the price difference is really low, I'm thinking of buying and 2560x1440 monitor, but the question is:
as I'm almost sure that my graphics card will not play games good at this resolution, will i be able to turn the resolution down to 1080p? Will it look like the same monitor at 1080p then or will it look stupid due the 1.33x pixel density difference (if it was 4k it could use 4 pixels as 1 but now im not sure how it'll be!)

I'll buy 1080p if it's bad!

Just one more question,
As the price difference is really low, I'm thinking of buying and 2560x1440 monitor, but the question is:
as I'm almost sure that my graphics card will not play games good at this resolution, will i be able to turn the resolution down to 1080p? Will it look like the same monitor at 1080p then or will it look stupid due the 1.33x pixel density difference (if it was 4k it could use 4 pixels as 1 but now im not sure how it'll be!)

I'll buy 1080p if it's bad!
You can set the resolution to whatever you want. There will be some blur due to the pixels not lining up, but it shouldn't be terrible.

You can set the resolution to whatever you want. There will be some blur due to the pixels not lining up, but it shouldn't be terrible.

Great! thanks a lot! I'll be buying BenQ xl2730z then! :)
many of it's features will be useless for me btw :|
Like 144hz and free-sync! I wish it had G_Sync so i could use it with my next graphics card if i some day buy one!

Back