• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

32" Monitor question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Autoxguy

Lately I have been debating on getting a 32" 1440p monitor. I currently use a 24.5 (25") 1080p 144hz ips monitor and while I do love it I am looking for something a bit more. I love the ultrawides but they don't make a 1080p one with enough height, to be the same height as my current monitor (no the 29" ones are not enough) and even though the 34" 1440p ones are excellent, it is not what I am looking for. My thought is to run a resolution of 2560x1080p on the 1440p monitor but mainly for gaming (yes I know there would be black bars on top and bottom and I am fine with that) so that I would have a an ultrawide format with a picture size basically just wider than what I currently have. The reason why I am thinking about this is cause I am very picky on the height of my monitor.

I think what I would like to do would work and I could just use the full screen for regular desktop work. Is there anyone on her that is using a 32" and a 24" monitor that could show how they look next to each other?

I'm not a fan of mismatched sizes... but I'm OCD like that, lol.

32" and 1440p is kind of low DPI? At 32" I want 4K. For 2560x1440 27/28" is the sweetspot.

32"at 1440p has the same dpi as 1080p at 24". So is it a little low for that size, sure. It's just a way of having better performance in games. I thin the best thing for me to do would be to go in microcenter and fiddle around with a screen of that size.

I do think a 27" 1440p is the sweet spot but since I have a 3060ti, the long term use for gaming would not be great as compared to a 3080. Especially since I have come to like high frame rates.

Back