• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Novice Nimble #7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What resolution are you running?

My main monitor is 1920x1080, my secondary monitor is 1366x768. I will disconnect the secondary monitor when I really push for a better score. With these cards being new to me I have been using the secondary monitor to watch temps and such until I get used to them.

Last edited:
Ive got a catzilla score of 16111 i will sub soon. I need more rad in my loop then i will get the 3dmark physics out of the way. Ill work on xtu with the 4790 soon also. I may pull one of my 780 ti's out of the loop to get a skydiver score without the extra heat introduced from the second card. Im thinking 2 480's unless someone can come up with a cheaper and better idea.

Ive got a catzilla score of 16111 i will sub soon. I need more rad in my loop then i will get the 3dmark physics out of the way. Ill work on xtu with the 4790 soon also. I may pull one of my 780 ti's out of the loop to get a skydiver score without the extra heat introduced from the second card. Im thinking 2 480's unless someone can come up with a cheaper and better idea.

What would the 480 be for and why 2 of them?

Edit:

Ignore this i read it wrong.

Last edited:
So I continue to work with catzilla. I was bale to get a deceent score last night but there is a few more things I want to try before giving up on this. I think the other 7970 has the abiity to clock higher and there is one or 2 more tweaks that might help.

catzilla.jpg

Here's a few pointers that might get you 200 ~ 400 more on the score. You are using a SSD Right????
Start Cat and let it run for 10 seconds. Hit the ESC key and close Cat. Restart Cat and put the priority to high. The shut down and restart of Cat will drop your loading time. Also that Physics test score is killing your GPU score.

Hey Madmutt,

Thanks for the pointers. Yes I am using an Ssd, I will give our a try restarting the program as you suggested. As for the cpu that is the best one I got so not gonna make much head way there.

I tried installing the program on a ramdisk but it did not seen to help.

Getting my act together, kinda

So pretty close on cranking up TheBianch with the G1 and 908TI HydroCopper, but have a few issues/questions I was hoping could be fielded...

So I am still just running at stock, so have not dicked around in the Bios yet, pretty cool bios/OC UI though.

Seems I have a problem with the NVidia software and/or C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2umx.dll
I get this dwm.exe crash event right going into desktop on boot.
Faulting application name: Dwm.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc541
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 10.18.13.6175, time stamp: 0x56a2c263
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000aa1625
Faulting process id: 0x8a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d162340ca93420
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report Id: 4b9bdb60-ce27-11e5-96d1-408d5c5e4bf1

Then this event
Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Desktop Window Manager because of this error.

Program: Desktop Window Manager
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

I can run CPU Benches, but any GPU/openCL benches crash.

And I also get these buggers in System Events. Could be related?
Driver ACPI returned invalid ID for a child device (5).
Driver PCI returned invalid ID for a child device (5EF98D609200AA0000).

Anyone?

Mucho Gusto

Living up to the name

So yeah, durdurfus dingle-head!
I didn't have SP1! I swore the image I used had it, oh well. I'll clone this rig when I get it all slimmed down and worked out.

Question-Do I need the additional NVidia drivers: 3D Vision Controller/Driver and PhysX System Software?

So I got 3DMark going. Just running through a few rounds at stock.
I also got XTU going a ran through it numerous times at stock.

Downloading 3DMark11 as we speak.

I plan to concentrate on stages: 1, 3 & 4.

Would my R7 360 help in stage 5?

Cheers

Just install the display driver, physx if you want but none of the benches allow it.

A few subs

OK, I crawled out of my cave and finally sub'd a few results...

http://hwbot.org/submission/3139552_swarthack_xtu_core_i7_6700k_1460_marks
http://hwbot.org/submission/3139580_swarthack_3dmark___sky_diver_geforce_gtx_980_ti_39061_marks
http://hwbot.org/submission/3139568_swarthack_3dmark11_physics_core_i7_6700k_14327_points

Seems I put us on the board for those stages? Couldn't tell if there were other subs?!

I am done with XTU for now. I can't struggle with that POS anymore.
It's TuKr's turn.
I have spent significant time the last few weeks trying to divine the secrets of XTU.
Stress testing with AID64 and Prime95.
Don't even farck around with XTU until you can run all the combinations of torture tests.
Especially cache and memory...
I'll post a write-up of what I learned, and didn't learn... when I am able...

I'm sure I can improve the other scores, as I ran them with my GPU stock...

Anyhoo, that's about it for now.

Cheers!

Let me start off by apologizing for not keeping this thread up to date, I have been living at work for the last week or so and have not been able to keep up with this.

I have gotten the first thread updated with our current ranks and scores for each stage as well as our overall scores. We are missing quite a few subs in some of the stages so there is a lot of points left out there to grab.

I am gearing up to spend tomorrow night benching and I will try to put in a few last minute subs to fill out whatever stage is short. Please do your best to get your subs in and let everyone know what you are working on so that we are not overlapping.

We have a little less than 36 hours left in the competition so I will try to keep this thread up to date throughout the day tomorrow to keep everyone on the same page. Lets try to finish this out strong and have a solid finishing position.

Just checked your postings. Looks like you need thos big guns out. Where's the guys with X99??? That will improve most of thos benches a lot.

Just checked your postings. Looks like you need thos big guns out. Where's the guys with X99??? That will improve most of thos benches a lot.

Yea, x99 would be a big boon to our scores but I think OMG is the only one that has anything on the x99 platform.

Even without we will still be able to be competitive if we are careful.

Added a feeble HwBot Prime sub last night, but it helped.
Will post a Catzilla with my R7 360 to fill that stage.

At this point I think we just need to fill in the blank places, even if the scores are average.

We need two more XTU. This should be easy. Just dont **** with it and get a score. TuKr?
Two more physics scores. This is way easy/quick bench to run. EDIT-if you have questions about submitting the physics bench, look at my sub and/or ask. You don't get points/rank for this bench.
Two more Skydivers. with any Nvidia card at this point.

What else? Lochekey?

I will try to hookup on hangouts later...

Prost!

Is there anything I can help with? I have X99/5820K (4.8GHz)/980Ti (1544/2000) and can knock out some raw runs tonight...

I didn't know you were still in the novice league
Not like that stops other teams ha ha

Back