• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Question AMD R9 390

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cjkart20

Alright, so I have the AMD R9 390 GPU. I did a complete uninstall of all drivers. Then went to the site and reinstalled everything. Everything is working fine but now when I right click with my mouse the Catalyst Control Center doesn't show up on the drop down menu. Anyone have any ideas on why?

Dies it still do that with the crimson drivers? It's in the task bar by the clock...the crimson software...

Yeah I thought about that. I thought it was there before I did this complete uninstall. Also why did they get rid of the hotkeys!? I have an eyefinity setup with triple screens but I want to hotkey out of it to a single screen. I guess I can't do this anymore?

Not sure.. I can't imagine they would ditch hotkeys. I don't have an amd cand to test at the moment, but I'd imagine it's there in that Crimson menu...

I have looked everywhere for the hot keys. They still have the presets but I can't find a way to enable hot keys

With the new Crimson software it replaces completely the older CCC interface.

Z

I lost the shortcut too after using DDU. It has happened before and it fixed itself but i made a quicklaunch icon on my taskbar to access the driver software

Well after some googling it looks like they did get rid of the hotkeys. At least they have for the time being. Someone else was able to figure a way around the issue. Here is a copy of what they did and I am now doing it successfully. Works great for me to switch between my triple screen and single screen setup.

rafspeik Dec 7, 2015 1:47 AM (in response to naxirian)
I have a fix for this. I've done some extensive research and testing and found that profiles can be activated through the command line in Windows.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\CNext\CCCSlim\CLI.exe" Start Load profilename="PROFILE_NAME_HERE"

Now what you can do is make a shortcut to this. Right click on your desktop, or wherever you want this shortcut to be saved and then click on New->Shortcut. Then you need to copy the command above this text and paste it into the location box for your new shortcut, and remember to change the last part to the name of your profile. Once you've done this, click next and choose a name for your shortcut, then click Finish. Now this is a shortcut and can be double-clicked like any other shortcut and it will activate your display profile.
Optionally, you can also add a keyboard shortcut to your new shortcut. If you would like to do this, right-click on your shortcut and choose "Properties", usually at the bottom, and click on the "Shortcut key" box and press your desired keyboard shortcut. You can now click OK and this shortcut will be activated every time you press your chosen shortcut.

Back