• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Overclocking!! Need your Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Manicfrost

Registered
My specs:
Asus crosshair v formula z bios 2201
Amd fx 8370
Corsair vengeance 2x8ghz
Nzxt 750watts
2 sapphire r9 290x video card
Cooling system corsair h100igtx

I have everything ready p95 cpuz hwmonitor
And tried clocking to 4.4ghz in 1.38v
I dont really know what i gonna do in bios
My bios version is 2201

ve a read through the link in my Sig that should give you a good understanding of what we'll do to get some speed from that thing

Letting Prime run for 9 min is a nice start but that is not long enough for you to call your OC Stable. From your screen shot your package temp is a bit high at 65*C and your socket temp at 77*C is a bit high as well. We recommend 60*C Core(Package) and 70*C Socket(CPU) as shown in HW Monitor. Back that down a bit to say 4.6GHZ and let Prime run for at least 20 min with HWMonitor running in the background lets see what kind of temps you get then. You can probably bring your VCore down a few notches as well for that speed...... something like 1.45v should be a good place to start. If you can get prime to run where all 8 workers don't show an error or your system crashes we can take t from there.

I agree with Bassnut, you're too hot with that voltage at 4.8 Ghz. How did you go about getting to that v core, are you just inputting voltage randomly or are you methodically raising the multiplier and adding voltage while stress testing?

Manicfrost we can't help you if you don't help us. You seem to be all over the place and I really have no idea where you have things set. I suggest you take a step back and read the link in Johans signature as suggested. Overclocking takes patience and time, no two setups overclock the same , so we cannot tell you exactly what to change especially when we have no idea where you're at.

Manny I think he has pumped in settings from the Asus OC guide.

@Manicfrost ....... using someone else's numbers will in most case not work. We have very similar systems but for cooling. I could post up my numbers that are many hours prime stable but will most likely shut you down right out of the bat. When Overclocking there is no good shortcut. I learned this the hard way back a few years ago at the cost of fried equipment. Take your time and do this step for step ...... that guide in Johans sig is excellent and easy to follow.

bassnut.... but im just like no idea on how to start just like this ????????
i will post my bios and please just give me idea or instruction
Mandrake....bassnut let me know which i can change just like ai overclocked tuner set to manual
cpu ratio to 24 and so on...
Screenshot (5).png

Overclocking is very simple, bump your multiplier and add CPU v and then test with prime for at least 20 min if you get no errors then bump your multiplier again and test again. Everything is in that Guide Johan has in his sig I really recommend you read it.

To start go into your BIOS and reset your bios to optimum settings. Reboot back into BIOS then set the following......

AMD Turbo Core .....Disabled
CPU Ratio ..... 21
Memory Frequency ..... to your memory's speed.
CPU/ Northbridge .... 2400
CPU Spread spectrum ..... disabled
CPU Manual Voltage ...... 1.425v ..... (some will say to walk up your voltage as needed, here I have set your voltage high we can test till you need more)
CPU/NB voltage .... 1.25v
DRam Voltage ...... to what your ram sticks require +.05v ...... ie if your ram requires 1.5v set 1.55v or 1.6v
CPU Load Line Calibration to .......Ultra High
Cool and quiet ....always disables
Cie .... disabled
C6State ..... diasabled
HPC Mode ...... Enabled

Sorry I did this in a rush as I have to get off to work but this will get you going....... after you get this all set Run prime run prime for 20 min and watch for errors and temps in HWMonitor ........ CPU temp(Socket temp) ..... 70*C MAX ........ Package Temp(Core temps) .... 65*C Max. If you pass and you should reboot back to bios and try again by Bumping your multiplier to 21.5 ..... reboot and do this all over again. Keep doing this till you get to the point you have a worker stop (ERROR) ..... most likely with only 1.425v, or you run out of cooling and your temps get too hot. You will probably run out of cooling with your H100 around 4.6 ..... 4.7GHZ where your temps get to hot.

At this point post a screen shot of your result and me or one of the other guys will comment. I have to run ...... I'm late.

I totally agree with Bassnut here Manic, set everything back to default and then start over with what he stated. I'm just going to be very blunt here, overclocking is a process which takes patience. There is a very good group of people on this forum that are more then willing toteach you how to oc and help you with questions and or issues that arise. The onus is on you to take the time to learn what your system likes, but you also need to want to learn how to do it properly. If you're the type that just wants numbers to plug in and make it overclocked then you will have a difficult road ahead.

As far as what Bassnut posted, start with 1.425 V and 21 on the multiplier which should give you plenty of temperature headroom. Then test with Prime 95 blend, run it 20 minutes, if you pass bump the multi .5 and test again. When you get to the point where you fail 20 minutes of prime, try to find true stability by passing 2 hours of prime by raising the voltage .00625 until you can run it without a fail. Keep the temperatures at or below 70 on the Cpu and 62 on the package.

Screenshot (7).png
so i passed in 23.5 running prime95 to 5hrs yesterday
Screenshot (6).png
tried to run multiplier to 24 today and in a minute i failed!
So whats my next step?

Last edited:
Screenshot (9).png
This is the settings i failed in running multiplier to 24.0

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    131.4 KB · Views: 112
Back