• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help me choose what is the best out of these 3 sound cards!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M@rk

Hello :)
I have a question: What is the best sound card.
Here are the sound cards :
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 5.1 PCI SB0570 For 36$.
ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1 For 51$.
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 PCIe with SBX Pro Studio For 59$.
Which one should i buy?

Last edited:
Onboard isn't sufficient? Do you have a good set of cans/speakers? Otherwise, not sure these are any better than the ALC1150 CODEC on your current mobo...

Onboard isn't sufficient? Do you have a good set of cans/speakers? Otherwise, not sure these are any better than the ALC1150 CODEC on your current mobo...

I have only stereo port on mobo (Plus mic and Outline)
And yes i have a 5.1 headset. The ROCCAT Kave 5.1, And yes its real 5.1 not digital.

That 3.5" jack does surround, doesn't it? I swear mine did.. I know it does through USB.

Last edited:
It depends on your needs. For gaming, any of the cards listed offer good sound. MSI's description of the audio for your mobo claims 5.1 is available through the audio jack. https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/Z170A-PC-MATE.html#hero-overview about 2/3 of the way down the page.

But i need to connect 3 (Plus 1 mic cable)3.5 audio jack cables in to achive 5.1 surround sound but i dont have 3 ports of sound, Only 1.
Edit:
Will try to configure something.

Edit2:
Didnt work :-/

Last edited:
I guess i will buy the Asus Xonar DGX.
Thanks everyone :).

there used to be a great realtech interface on my windows 7 rig but all that went away with windows 10

Win10 sucks.
And yeah I remember the realtec interface, it was nice.

Back