• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone here ever bought/tested the top tier videocards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I've always wondered who exactly buys videocards like the Titan Z or Asus Ares II/III or Radeon Pro Duo.

Were these cards ever worth buying? How future proof are/were they?

In tech.... nothing is future proof. Time is the great equalizer.

An original Titan will be a viable card for longer than a GTX 760 but you cannot really compare the two.

As "Are these cards worth buying?" pretty much a money question, only you can answer it.

Most people think we are all crazy for spending what we do on computer stuff anyway.

I've always wondered who exactly buys videocards like the Titan Z or Asus Ares II/III or Radeon Pro Duo.

Nobody buys them, the top models have exactly zero sales dollars every time, that's why companies still keep making them.
/sarcasm

Are they worth buying? Depends on what you're doing with them.
They're just as future proof as any other computer tech...

Sweet jebus man........Of course people buy them... many? Who knows.

As far as worth buying, that is always up to the beholder. There are plenty of reviews and performance metrics available on the web to see what their performance is like as well as their cost. Since 'worth it' is quite subjective, we can't really answer that very well. That would also tell you how futureproof they really are as well. Outside of having 2 GPUs on a single PCB, everything architectural wise is the same thing as a card with a single GPU. Multi GPU scaling is the same really... everything.

I have many, many cards of all flavors, for work it's the best and they cost an arm and a leg, 5 large each and yes, the ARE worth every penny.
gaming cards, it all depends, I find that the games I enjoy the most and that give me the break I need can be played with onboard graphics, but playing the same game on a pair of 980Ti cards just gives me a grin.
nobody can tell you what the perfect card for you is, but a pair of 760 strikers.............................................well that's hard to beat in my book.

Back