• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seems like every review glows over this cooler and nobody uses it?

No reviews on newegg other than saying a review said it would be good?

All I've read so far is that the radiator is aluminum based material. I don't know if that is just parts of it or the whole rad as a whole. Even with anti-corrosive fluids, I would steer away from mfgers that use Aluminum as a whole. Many learned that lesson from TT many years ago.

From the quick reading I did of a few reviews they achieve the cooling they do due to very fast loud fans. Probably partly due to the inefficiency of aluminum as a rad material that Jack mentioned above.

All I've read so far is that the radiator is aluminum based material. I don't know if that is just parts of it or the whole rad as a whole. Even with anti-corrosive fluids, I would steer away from mfgers that use Aluminum as a whole. Many learned that lesson from TT many years ago.

As someone who sells a buttload of...

250x410_global_fullstrength-5-1.png

...I do know some fluids can interact with even a daisy chain of aluminum, copper, lead and brass?

Granted this is "straight out of China" so some question is legitimate. Whats in that closed loop?

None of the reviews for this cooling solution included longevity testing simulated or otherwise.

The coolant viscosity over time would be the major caveat for this unit then?

Welp, I bought one.

My thoughts are that I'll be rid of it or I'll heavily modify it before it's a problem.

If it seems loud and crappy I can just toss a copper radiator on it down the line.

The pump and waterblock seem solid.

Now to see how free shipping from Hong Kong goes?

Welp, I bought one.

My thoughts are that I'll be rid of it or I'll heavily modify it before it's a problem.

If it seems loud and crappy I can just toss a copper radiator on it down the line.

The pump and waterblock seem solid.

Now to see how free shipping from Hong Kong goes?

OK, if I toss out the radiator, and hoses, and the fans, then replace them all?

Cause the pump and waterblock still seem OK lol, the lights might be pretty?

Edit

Yes, I have it and, I dont see it cooling better than my Argon3

Edit# 2, guess I should get a reservoir too :p

Last edited:
Dont worry, I'm just daft, I've been down this road before, it started in the early millennium with a thing called a Bigwater II which slowly became a full Swiftech setup.

Back