• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX... 2x 760s or 1060?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S1CAR1US

So I made a really stupid mistake... I jumped on what I thought was a deal and bought two brand new EVGA 1060s to replace my 2 older ASUS 760s... Ya... Stupid... I had no idea that there was no longer SLI capability on the 760 series... Its kinda a long story but to make it short, I cant just return one or both of them and get something else. I am either stuck with them or just have to sell them at a loss. So my question is, what do you guys think is the best option here as far as performance and just overall opinion? Should I just use one 1060? Should I keep my 2 760s? The 1060s are EVGA GTX1060 SC. and the 760s are ASUS GTX 760 Direct CU II OC. What would you all do in this situation? I got them for a good deal but I will still be losing a lot of money if I have to sell them I would imagine... if I could even sell them... I appreciate any feedback. Thanks :confused:

sorry, it might be worth mentioning that I mainly use this computer for rendering video and 3d models... I do some gaming on it but its periodic... Hopefully this helps to determine a clear winner of the two or so options. I also have heard it may be possible to sync two GPUs through the motherboard somehow and without the SLI cable... if anyone knows anything about that....

a single 1060 will be quite a bit faster than the two 760's in sli, and use less power.

a single 1060 will be quite a bit faster than the two 760's in sli, and use less power.

++ on this, I run 760's in sli and a 1060, the 1060 is much better, punches with the 980's and is much quieter and cooler.

Back