• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce Experience now requires I register and Login.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Uninstall GeForce Experience ? i only ever install the drivers and PhysX and have no issues whatsoever :confused:

If you registered that Dewalt drill I'd bet you indeed get some spammage from so doing ;)

And, yeah.....I never allow that and other useless bits of software on my rig.

I was uninstalling Geforce Experience as well. I didn´t mind having a bit of bloat but the account requirement was to much for me... this is not toward the customers best interest, so Nvidia can bug other peoples (probably majority) but no me...

There is not really any true advantage, the standart driver will run well on any games and in term it is not running well enough i suggest to get better hardware. A new driver will not fix general performance issues. There is rare exceptions on certain games (new releases), in this term i simply update my driver, once every couple of months.

In general, every software someone doesn´t truly need is a hog and is capable of slowing down a system because all this stuff is using ressources somewhere, especially when the stuff is always starting up together with the OS. So i always recommend not to install every bit of software in term someone want a fast and responsive PC.

Back before my latest driver update, you know, when I didn't need to register an account, I used shadow play a couple of times to record some battles. It's pretty convenient. This to me is no different than putting Nvidia Control Panel behind a Login/registration.

But the NVCP isn't behind a login... GFE is. Two different things. GFE has Shadow play, otherwise it's just a program that automatically adjusts settings for you. I prefer to always have control. :)

In term shadow play is the reason for login, then simply split apart the login requirement for shadow play only. Honestly i don´t see the issue.

I only use it for Shadow Play as well, and have not installed any 3.x version. However, I just tried to run GFE and it will not open. It keeps trying to force a upgrade install to 3.x, with the option of cancel simply closing the upgrade window, so it's unusable now.

I had to delete the setup.exe in the update folder where GFE is installed in order to get the panel running again.

While in that Update folder, I also noticed another problem with the update: \NvTelemetry folder.

Peachy. Just peachy. It's getting to the point where everyone wants to get a hand on our personal computer usage. :bang head

Last edited:
I got that, but everything is getting that way now. It's why I keep an email address for junk. I just go in and empty it once a month, don't even look at them. I did that about 10 years ago when I opened my inbox and it was almost full. Scared the crap outta me. LOL

I have a separate email for every single different website and/or business that requests one. Makes it loads easier to see who the spammers are, or who are the ones selling off email to spammers. I've called out a couple of sites this way, and makes it much easier to block any compromised email address.

This is dumb and one of the reasons why I will quit "new" technology cold turkey at some point. I do not like all this tracking and collecting of your data / usage. I just want to put a game in and play it without needing all this crap. I cannot really even do that now without that useless-to-me Steam. How long before even updating your drivers will REQUIRE the user accounts / login and etc? This (technology) just won't end well.

Thank god I own ~1,200 vintage games that can work 100% offline.

This is dumb and one of the reasons why I will quit "new" technology cold turkey at some point. I do not like all this tracking and collecting of your data / usage. I just want to put a game in and play it without needing all this crap. I cannot really even do that now without that useless-to-me Steam. How long before even updating your drivers will REQUIRE the user accounts / login and etc? This (technology) just won't end well.

Thank god I own ~1,200 vintage games that can work 100% offline.
Are they stored behind your Butterchurn and Washboard?:chair::chair: Sorry I couldn't help myself...:p

Back