• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I5 6600k 4.8Ghz OC at 1.3v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hanns

Hey guys,

Just got myself a new PC and decided to OC it. I was able to reach 4.8ghz on my I5 with 1.3v (Set to manual in bios). Did a couple of tests on Aida 64 seems quite stable. This is my also first overclock, did I just get lucky in silicon lottery or am I doing something monumentally dumb, I'm not sure if I should keep pushing the multiplier?

Attached is screenshot to prove my point

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :) OC_results.png

You should run the AIDA stress test for at least 5 hr. to be somewhat confident of stability. If your cooling permits, I would also suggest Prime95 for a couple of hours.

Your total core voltage is 1.328 under load. If it is truly stable at 4.8 ghz you may have voltage room for 4.9.

Last edited:
You should run the AIDA stress test for at least 5 hr. to be somewhat confident of stability. If your cooling permits, I would also suggest Prime95 for a couple of hours.

Your total core voltage is 1.328 under load. If it is truly stable at 4.8 ghz you may have voltage room for 4.9.

Thanks! I'll do that tonight when i'm sleeping. A question, why is my core voltage at 1.328 even though i have set it to be 1.3 on bios?

Thanks! I'll do that tonight when i'm sleeping. A question, why is my core voltage at 1.328 even though i have set it to be 1.3 on bios?

Likely the LLC (Load Line Calibration) if you have the vcore configured for manual. It's a supplement to keep things stable under load. Not added at idle.

Likely the LLC (Load Line Calibration) if you have the vcore configured for manual. It's a supplement to keep things stable under load. Not added at idle.

Hey

I decided to keep pushing the multiplier to see how far i can go. At 5.0ghz i got the blue screen, after increasing the voltage to 1.325 i was able to boot into windows but Aida 64 test failed (No blue-screen,it just said hardware failure detected). So now im stress testing 4.9ghz at 1.3v. Will keep you posted :)

- - - Updated - - -

IMO you did get a good quality silicon, Im able to do [email protected] or something like that.

Do you run it constantly at 1.35v or adaptive? Currently im running it constantly at 1.3v. Is there a reason to go adaptive?

OC_results_2.png

I ran 4.9ghz stress test on Aida 64 for 2 hours, had work to do so couldnt run it for longer.

I guess he's still not done :sn:
I want to try and push it like he did, altough knowing my luck, I'll max out at 4.6 :eh?:

That seems like a really good chip you have there, I have mine at 4.5 and I need 1.35 to run, anything lower it'll bsod

Back